Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Questions

0 0

I am thinking about implementing a new login script for a clients web site. I have all of the code. As this is not my strong point if I send someone the code could one of you look for weak points? The client is for a family web site and she doesn't want her X hacking it. Thanks!

0 0

Your name involves 'Coder' yet this is not your strong point?

Post the code? There are code tags for a reason, would you beleive it.

If you really want to secure the code from flaws etc, you should just read up on common flaws and exploits, then work against them.

0 0

I am still learning PHP, especially when it comes to security. I do alot of HTLM and CSS. I was just asking for some help. I started out as a designer and am just trying to learn.

0 0

BitchCoder wrote: I am thinking about implementing a new login script for a clients web site.

If you are not qualified to do the job that the client needs, then you need to freelance the job to someone who is or inform the client that they will have to do so. You cannot expect people to secure the code for you when it is YOUR client. That's not how business works.

0 0

By client I meant a family member who isn't going to pay me for this project. It's a learning project for me. I was under the impression that this was a site to learn what I didn't know. I am not asking anyone to do the work for me, just to look over the code and help me out. There really isn't any need to be so damn rude. Peace.

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

BitchCoder wrote: By client I meant a family member who isn't going to pay me for this project. It's a learning project for me. I was under the impression that this was a site to learn what I didn't know. I am not asking anyone to do the work for me, just to look over the code and help me out. There really isn't any need to be so damn rude. Peace.

I can't see anybody but you rude here. The way you wrote the first post, the impression is that your want anybody to just check you code, pen-test it, and then return you results, or even the corrected code. And now tell me how will you from this process learn how to secure the code ? You may have not intended to imply this by the post, but you did so anyway…

If it's login script, then google securing php login, or something similiar, that should spit out the basic functions you will need, from that point just roll on ;)

0 0

BitchCoder wrote: It's a learning project for me.
I was under the impression that this was a site to learn what I didn't know.
I … am asking anyone … to look over the code and help me out.

Doesn't add up; if you want to learn, do research and ask people questions. If we look over the code and make it more secure, you're not learning anything. Pursue learning in the way you ask questions, start threads, and respond to information.

There really isn't any need to be so damn rude.

Fuck you. If you want to learn, ask questions and learn… if you want people to do it for you, go die in a hole. I wasn't rude before; I was merely speaking honestly and accurately based upon what you posted. Refute anything from my original post, you little shit.

0 0

hes got a point (Zyper) if you don't know exactally how to do something then why are you offering a service to someone when you don't fully understand the concept?

0 0

Tloz wrote: hes got a point (Zyper) if you don't know exactally how to do something then why are you offering a service to someone when you don't fully understand the concept? He works with PHP/SQL for a living.