Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

DES decrypter?

0 0

Does anyone know of a good, free DES decrypter?

Thanks

-Night_Stalker

0 0

John the Ripper

Also Edit to correct your terminology:

Decrypt: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decrypt

You do not decrypt DES, its a one way hash encryption algorithm, that can be bruteforced to find matching word -> hash conversion.

0 0

err I tend to disagree for strictly a hash cracker… Also I dont believe cain and abel cracks DES hashes

0 1

no, c&a doesn't crack DES hashes, only JTR does.

0 0

John the ripper can, can cain do it to?

0 0

I also have some questions. I managed to get a password decrypted in DES from a wwwboard. I have also read that you can decrypt it with "john the ripper".

I included the WebAdmin:hash in a simple textfile called pass.txt. In the terminal I wrote john pass.txt. My question is will it ever crack the password? Did I type the command right? Or is it better to decrypt with a dictionary attack?

0 0

alha wrote: I also have some questions. I managed to get a password decrypted in DES from a wwwboard. I have also read that you can decrypt it with "john the ripper".

I included the WebAdmin:hash in a simple textfile called pass.txt. In the terminal I wrote john pass.txt. My question is will it ever crack the password? Did I type the command right? Or is it better to decrypt with a dictionary attack? I'd recommend a wordlist/dictionary attack.

http://www.hellboundhackers.org/articles/796-John-the-Ripper-for-Dummies.html http://www.hellboundhackers.org/articles/746-John-the-Riper---A-noob-friendly-guide.html

0 0

Allright. Thank you. I can do some programming and stuff but encrypting is something new for me. Thanks mate! ;D

0 0

Np, and good luck ;)

0 0

20/06/2008 Cain & Abel v4.9.15 released

• Added Oracle TNS Password Cracker (Dictionary and Brute-Force Attacks for DES and 3DES hashes).

support has been added for DES

0 0

How long does it take for john the ripper to decrypt a password like webadmin encrypted in DES without any wordlist? some days?

Banned
0 0

alha wrote: How long does it take for john the ripper to decrypt a password like webadmin encrypted in DES without any wordlist? some days?

Cannot be calculated. Could be under a second if you use a wordlist and the password is something like "Aardvark".

Could also be two weeks if the password is something like "As0fdF3r#%R.S". Could be a billion years if the password is LONG. Real long, I mean.

0 0

:D good to know! But if you have a supercomputer with many processor kernels? Then it must work very fast even if a normal computer can't do it. But with good encryption and passwordsit gets impossible too.

some other facts "in topic": The Swedish organization FRA "Försvarets radioanstalt" (Swedish secret service) are allowed to collect all data from mails and all internet traffic in huge databases. They say it is only the traffic that goes past the Swedish border, but the reality is that almost all traffic go through servers in other countries too before reaching its destination. Dangerous against peoples privacy! They run a supercomputer "Cluster Platform 3000 BL460c, Xeon 53xx 2.66GHz, Infiniband from Hewlett-Packard" according to "frapedia.se". It has GNU/Linux and has 13 728 kernels! When they bought it it was worlds 5:th fastest computer. Now it is on 11:th place. They are decrypting messages and storing all data of every Swede. The law is not supported by the majority of people but still they will soon pry on us!

0 0

That's really is nothing new. What about the corporations DB, the unsecured DB, and DB you don't know about? Nothing new.

Besides, if people were actually conscious about what they submitted online, we wouldn't have those funny "post your secret" sites.

0 0

Compleatly true. But I just wanted to say that. ;)