Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

javascript question

0 0

hey guys :) just wondering how much javascript i should learn before moving on to php and sql?

0 0

You don't have to know JS at all ^^ these languages are all different things ;)

0 0

oh lol:) i just thought most ppl said to learn html then javascript, the php and sql so i was wondering how much javascript i should learn

0 0

I learned HTML then JavaScript now I'm working on PHP (The best language in the world!!!!!!!!!) and a little C++. Most people do start off with HTML/CSS then JavaScript. I would recommend PHP/MySQL. But thats all up to you my friend. BTW I hate JavaScript now, I only used it for the missions on HBH. :)

0 0

Really just learn to read it. The thing about JS is that it is a weak-typed and I think dynamically typed language. This means that you get in the habit of using substrings on numbers or multiplying strings and when you wish to move on to a real language, you get f'ed up because of the non-typecast-ability. I suggest that you learn PHP really because it doesn't really get you into the habit of using string functions on numbers or anything of the like, but it is not up in your face about data types.

0 0

alright :) ill just learn a little bit more about js, like cookies and stuff, then move on to php and sql

0 0

austinator wrote: I learned HTML then JavaScript now I'm working on PHP (The best language in the world!!!!!!!!!) and a little C++ How can you say that it's the best language in the world if you only have experience from like two programming languages? :right:

0 0

i learned javascript and html at the same time then some php, asp then visual basic im good

0 0

I only ever suggest that people learn JS when the syntax would appeal more due to a previous proficiency. In general, you should only bother learning HTML before learning PHP. Once you become proficient enough with PHP, you'll figure out on your own exactly how much Javascript you'll want to know (if any).

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

Pwnzall wrote: Really just learn to read it. The thing about JS is that it is a weak-typed and I think dynamically typed language. This means that you get in the habit of using substrings on numbers or multiplying strings and when you wish to move on to a real language, you get f'ed up because of the non-typecast-ability. I suggest that you learn PHP really because it doesn't really get you into the habit of using string functions on numbers or anything of the like, but it is not up in your face about data types.

I assume by real language you mean strongly typed, like python. Anyway I don't think so, perl allows all of the things you mentioned above and even in bigger extent, and despite that a lot of people including myself consider it as a regular programming language.I don't suggest that he should learn perl, I'm just disagreeing with the general statements you wrote above;)

0 0

As much as you can.

I started with HTML,then XHTML,then CSS,then JavaScript,then Ajax,then ActionScript 3.0,then Photoshop(not to well lol),then i went to PHP,C++ and some vBscript

Banned
0 0

Hertz wrote: As much as you can.

I started with HTML,then XHTML,then CSS,then JavaScript,then Ajax,then ActionScript 3.0,then Photoshop(not to well lol),then i went to PHP,C++ and some vBscript

Oh hi, learn2multithread.