Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

admin.exe

0 0

This is probably a stupid question but i honestly don't know. Ok so i was looking around this website and found a folder containing a admin.exe file i downloaded it but i don't know what it does. Is this admin.exe use full and what does it do?

thanx :D

0 0

So you encountered some random .exe file, and you expect us to tell you what it does?

I mean, seriously?

Admin from hell
0 0

Open it! I like to include some extra files called admin.exe admin.bak etc. to sites I do. They contain a little something special for the pricks that find them and open them.:evil:

0 0

haha thats a good idea now I'm wandering whether or not i should open it or not :angry:

0 0

try out some reverse engineering perhaps?

Admin from hell
0 0

Yeah, Most programmer's have thier files set to run or execute when debugged or decompiled. Mine do…. Good luck.

0 0

Try to reverse engineer it, or email it to me seklyma@yahoo.com or try to virus scan it…

Admin from hell
0 0

Virus scan won't work if it's wrote properly. Think guy's this a hacking site. People writing virus's are always thinking I check my scripts against mcafee, avg and norton before I load them to an exe.

Edit:Spelling Fuck-up.

0 0

korg wrote: Yeah, Most programmer's have thier files set to run or execute when debugged or decompiled. Mine do…. Good luck.

hmm, I wasn't aware of this. Thanks for mentioning though.

0 0

Well… try to open it in a hex editor, and edit out some of the stuff at the front… Then hopefully you can decompile it without worrying

Admin from hell
0 0

Open a compiled exe file in a hex editor? What are you gonna see.. this program cannot be run in dos. Nice advice.

0 0

No… not a text editor.. a hex editor. That way once you fill some of the stuff with nulls, it wont work right, but always keep an original copy, just in case it's something important.

Admin from hell
0 0

I know what the Fuck you said. A hex editor is not going to open a exe file to edit. Learn some programming for christ's sake!

0 0

Well if you did.. You would know what I was talking about. You're not going to edit it do do anything… just change some of the machine code to fuck it up..

Admin from hell
0 0

Fuck's going on with the url tags.

Admin from hell
0 0

Gotta go check back tomm…

0 0

I suppose…. There's more to this korg.?? Because.. I edited it.

Admin from hell
0 0

Post your edit's for me then. Then I'll know where my exe failed. If you did.

0 0

Well… It didn't fail. It started shutting down my services, and wouldn't let me open up anything. It was definitely a good one, and I thought I was screwed… but I just restarted my comp, turned off my internet as soon as I could, deleted my temp, ran a virus and rootkit scan, and then ran max registry cleaner.

And then, because I took the archive out of my temp before deleting it, I unzipped it, and opened up the file in PSPad, and put a bunch of random characters all over.

<offtopic> I was just reading the thread "KORG! 2GB DDR2.800 or 4GB Mix 'n Match 800 + 667?" and I was wondering, do you do a lot of hardware work? because it seems like you know alot about the subject, and well… enough for somebody to make a thread asking you about it. Not for any particular reason… Just asking </offtopic>

but anyway… Yeah, The program was to say the least… pretty terrifying.

Admin from hell
0 0

To answer your question, Yes I do repair, build and test a lot of computers everyday. But I have a question for you,

s3klyma Gave this line of shit:
It started shutting down my services, and wouldn't let me open up anything. It was definitely a good one, and I thought I was screwed… but I just restarted my comp, turned off my internet as soon as I could, deleted my temp, ran a virus and rootkit scan, and then ran max registry cleaner.

And then, because I took the archive out of my temp before deleting it, I unzipped it, and opened up the file in PSPad, and put a bunch of random characters all over.

Hmm, Well my exe doesn't "start" shutting down services and you have no chance to do anything. It was a testing program i have for windows. The second you click the click me! button you get an instant BSOD. It doesn't install anything or do any harm.Really open it and try.

The reason behind this whole thread is not to edit an exe to disable it, It is to VIEW it to see what it does. You can't do that in a hex editor.

0 0

LOLS!!! I love it. I clicked it and my comp immediately shutdown! :whoa: What language did you write that in? Would you mind posting the source? Or pm me maybe. I'm curious how it works now.

0 0

korg wrote: The reason behind this whole thread is not to edit an exe to disable it, It is to VIEW it to see what it does. You can't do that in a hex editor. I believe you're wasting your time explaining this, since you seem to be the only one who knows anything more about cracking than that a hex editor can be used to change stuff in binaries :angry:

Banned
0 0

skathgh420 wrote: This is probably a stupid question but i honestly don't know. Ok so i was looking around this website and found a folder containing a admin.exe file i downloaded it but i don't know what it does. Is this admin.exe use full and what does it do?

thanx :D

post this "admin.exe" and let us see for ourselves… it's hard knowing about it when we cant run it

0 0

hellboundhackersok wrote: post this "admin.exe" and let us see for ourselves… it's hard knowing about it when we cant run it I definately won't run it if it's posted :p

0 0

link removed - read forum rules

there you go :D

0 0

Isn't that part of FrontPage Extensions? (don't know for sure as I've never used it).

0 0

thats what i though but I'm not quite sure

0 0

I ran it in a VM and just got a command prompt telling me "Program too big to fit in memory"

0 0

Admin.exe is an extension of FrontPage. The description of it I found was "Server Extensions administration stub program."

Admin from hell
0 0

I believe you're wasting your time explaining this, since you seem to be the only one who knows anything more about cracking than that a hex editor can be used to change stuff in binaries

Not quite sure what your getting at here, Your english is a little off.

0 0

Honestly VM's are almost always a good idea to test a virus or program you have no clue on, because it's easier to burn a VM than to burn your computer and recover if it's that bad

0 0

korg wrote: Virus scan won't work if it's wrote properly. Think guy's this a hacking site. People writing virus's are always thinking I check my scripts against mcafee, avg and norton before I load them to an exe.

@korg When you say that, do you mean against a heuristic analysis or making sure that your code does not have the signature of a previous virus? Also, I have known it was possible for you to stop the debugging of code as major companies often pack their executables or set "tripwires". So my questions: If you were going to write code that just printed "Hello World" on a console and then make it so that it auto-executed on debug, how long would the code be Is this possible using standard functions? Which language would be the best for making such an application? Thanks

0 0

Korg, i am also intrigued.

How it seems to me:

A file is a series of 1 and 0 stored somewhere on your hard drive. These can be accessed by reading the harddisk, without being "run." Im not asking for code, but how does a program manage to run itself when being debugged?

0 0

korg wrote: Not quite sure what your getting at here, Your english is a little off. Haha sorry about that ^^ I haven't slept very much the last few days xD

I meant that the ones you're arguing with don't seem to know much about cracking. You're wasting time talking to people whose experience in cracking is to edit a binary file in a hex editor :p