Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Javascript automation

0 0

Hello,

I have created a little script that logs into some web service with my account and does some automated things in there. For this to work, I must first open Firefox and then execute the script manually. But my question is, is there a way to automatically open browser (or some other software piece) and execute stuff, perhaps from a single command line from the linux shell?

Thank you…

• Henux

0 0

Absolutely, its called greasemonkey. Its a firefox extension and it is immensely useful. One of the best things since sliced bread.

0 0

This tool, beyond any doubt, is very useful but however, it is not what I am looking for.

What I mean would be some mechanism or tool that could be executed from linux shell. This tools would allow me to connect websites and then run javascripts in there. Something like this:

$ funnytool http://somehost.com myscript.js

I don't know if such tool exist. The reason why I would need something like this would be to trigger some event (that would do some automatic stuff in the Web) in response what is happening in my linux system.

Thank you.

• Henux

0 0

Just use cURL then. Learn php or python and combine it with cURL and you can do exactly what you are looking for.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

if you just want a shortcut, just make a batch file or something that opens up your script in your browser.

0 0

Thank you for this info. About PHP and Python I already do know, but curl was new to me.

• Henux