Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Is it illegal to...

0 0

In the United States, Is it illegal to scan a companies ip range for proxy servers? Is it illegal to scan a server with nmap to see what ports are open and what version applications they are using? Where can you find laws about things like this?

0 0

Legal, and Legal.

I'd try google if I wanted to learn about laws… "United States computer laws" or something similar. Scanning is not illegal; DDoSing is :D

The Manager
0 0

Observation is not illegal….If you do anything to penetrate the company you are scanning be very wary

0 0

Virtual Privacy Act, google it.

0 0

deffinently dont think thats illegal unless you use the information for harmful or malicius use but who does that any way haha

0 0

Yes, remotly scanning a network or server that is not yours is yes, illegal. Unless you have ermission. It should display that in the scanner your using. I know Nmap says that. Or something like that…

Scanning an IP range I am unsure of but I do know that if you scan a goverenment IP, they dont tollerate it. Knock knock knock. You can find that list in the Articles section. Rember… Stealth is the key to warfare. That and supprise. Supprise, for example, myspace when they were scanning their server. Thats how the hacker got in.. But I forgot the full story.

0 0

im pretty sure scanning ip range isnt illegal but yeah the Gov. for sure dont take that shit theyll put you in jail :o