Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Is "it" hackable?

0 0

it=youtube

Again just asking for educational reasons.

Could youtube accounts theoretically be hacked?:D

0 0

maybe by phishing?

0 0

of course you moron..why ask a stupid question. There are plenty of ways to take over an account on youtube. The security is low and all they really care about is security based on who's watching their material.

0 0

COD3 wrote: of course you moron..why ask a stupid question. There are plenty of ways to take over an account on youtube. The security is low and all they really care about is security based on who's watching their material.

If you know some ways to do it then post them.

This subject is really interesting because a major website like youtube MUST increase its security measures.

0 0

theres really no real way for anything to be safe, some one once said "on the internet nothing is impossible to do." cant remember who though

0 0

WordofMight wrote: [quote]COD3 wrote: of course you moron..why ask a stupid question. There are plenty of ways to take over an account on youtube. The security is low and all they really care about is security based on who's watching their material.

This subject is really interesting because a major website like youtube MUST increase its security measures.

[/quote]

Ok dumbass, that would be contributing to a malicious user. Why post how to take over your little sisters youtube account so you can look big? Cmon kid, be real and tell the truth. Next time you post, you should realize that people here on this site are not stupid and you can't just come on here and ask, "How can i hack something?" What are you stupid?

0 0

COD3 wrote: [quote]WordofMight wrote: [quote]COD3 wrote: of course you moron..why ask a stupid question. There are plenty of ways to take over an account on youtube. The security is low and all they really care about is security based on who's watching their material.

[/quote]

Ok dumbass, that would be contributing to a malicious user. Why post how to take over your little sisters youtube account so you can look big? Cmon kid, be real and tell the truth. Next time you post, you should realize that people here on this site are not stupid and you can't just come on here and ask, "How can i hack something?" What are you stupid?[/quote]

Contributing to a malicious user???Dude what are you talking about???????????????????????You should apologize.

0 0

I ask a user with God rank about the same subject and he also thought the same thing as you, however, I clarified in the beginning of this thread that I ONLY I repeat ONLY and I repeat again ONLY ask for educational reasons.

Do you really think that a malicious hacker would say "hey, guys do you know how-to"??????

Come on relax.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

WordofMight wrote: Do you really think that a malicious hacker would say "hey, guys do you know how-to"??????

it wouldnt be the first time. i've seen it plenty.

here's an obvious way to beat the security: social engineering.

Retired
10 0

dude social engineering is the best way to get anything thats not on the internet. practice on friends. then get some numbers in three minuets then once you can do that go and get free food and move on from there.

0 0

teh social engineering is hard, i don't get it but oh well, this isn't on challenges XD

Retired
10 0

ya it took me 8 months to get good at it. Rule #1. don't tell anyone that you know that your learning. it made it even harder.

Admin from hell
0 0

I ask a user with God rank about the same subject and he also thought the same thing as you, however, I clarified in the beginning of this thread that I ONLY I repeat ONLY and I repeat again ONLY ask for educational reasons.

Yes it can be hacked,But if think someone is going to post specific ways to do it, Your are wrong. Learn, explorer and do it on your own. Not the kind of question that should be asked in the forums.

Retired
10 0

i agree.

0 0

korg wrote: [quote]I ask a user with God rank about the same subject and he also thought the same thing as you, however, I clarified in the beginning of this thread that I ONLY I repeat ONLY and I repeat again ONLY ask for educational reasons.

Yes it can be hacked,But if think someone is going to post specific ways to do it, Your are wrong. Learn, explorer and do it on your own. Not the kind of question that should be asked in the forums.[/quote]

I dont want to hack anyone. I want to know in order to FINALLY protect my accounts. I have been hacked MANY times.

Retired
10 0

best thing to do MAKE BACK UP PASSWORDS.

:(
80 120

How the hell is a backup password going to stop your account from being 'hacked'? Seriously. I want to know. Enlighten me.

0 0

yours31f wrote: best thing to do MAKE BACK UP PASSWORDS.

How is that actually going to help?

Retired
10 0

cuz then you go and get your account back and change the password. tada no lost account. d*m**ss's

0 0

WordofMight wrote:

Contributing to a malicious user???Dude what are you talking about???????????????????????You should apologize.

Talk about illegal use of question marks. ;)

If all you're really concerned about is preventing your account from being "hacked" then you should have asked that question to begin with. I would suggest that you change your password to something more difficult, be wary of using public computers, and watch out for social engineering attempts against you by other people.

Retired
10 0

yes. oh make sure to use all of the following in your pass to confuse pass rippers.

1. #'s
  2. capitals
  3. lowercase
  4. at LEAST 3 symbols.
  5. no full words

and now you invincible. cuz if you told any1 that in a social engineer event they would get lost or you would realize you told them.

0 0

yours31f wrote: yes. oh make sure to use all of the following in your pass to confuse pass rippers.

1. #'s
  2. capitals
  3. lowercase
  4. at LEAST 3 symbols.
  5. no full words

and now you invincible. cuz if you told any1 that in a social engineer event they would get lost or you would realize you told them.

I don't know about invincibleā€¦but pretty darn close. ;) There may still be other methods.

Retired
10 0

true, but i use all of them and never been hacked.

0 0

XSS -> Phishing

That's one of the easiest ways to steal accounts from a site like youtube.

0 0

The why do I still get hacked on youtube? I mean I follow all general password "rules".

I always thought that hacking youtube had to do with obtaining password hashes. I used to change my passwords frequently but I still got hacked. That made me think that it may be something related to password hashes. Then I saw a vid of someone hacking a youtube account by e-mailing, but he claimed that this method worked only if the user didnt use youtube for 2 days. So that couldnt have happened to me, since I use youtube every day.

Retired
10 0

do you talk to people about youtube?

80 120

What's so bad about your YouTube account being hacked? Is there anything special that you absolutely don't want other people to see/have? (other than your password) I'm not a regular user, so I honestly don't know.

0 0

Futility wrote: What's so bad about your YouTube account being hacked? Is there anything special that you absolutely don't want other people to see/have? (other than your password) I'm not a regular user, so I honestly don't know.

It is just unfair. I cant stand that. They remove my vids all the time. They think it is a game. Unfortunately, I am totally "blind" as far as it concerns youtube accounts.

80 120

Do you keep using the one that they 'hacked'? If the answer is 'yes', then read on. If not, then the rest of this is useless.

Because they might have changed the password recovery info so they get an email. Also, check you're security question, they could have changed that too. (Does youtube even have a password recovery thing?)

0 0

are you sure your vids are not just deleted because they dont comply with the youtube rules?

0 0

omg what is with all these n00bs wanting us to spoon feed them answers in life ALL the freaking time its really getting aggravating. My definition of "hacking" is Taking a subject Learning about itā€¦taking your knowledge you have obtained and applying it. AND depending on what kind of person you are defines what you will do with this Knowledge. So hacking inst always Coding..remember there is NO patch for human stupidity Myspace is the PERFECT example. Some people i just asked for the password and i had it. So its Not always who knows the most code..But who knows the target best.

0 0

There is no cure for the human stupidity. Don't get me wrong, I'm just saying the only reason computers and programs are vulnerable are because of human-made mistakes in the first place.

The best practice is to watch the links you click, get No-script for firefox and make sure to always be on your feet. Programmers may be smart in a great deal of trades, yes, but hackers only have to be fluent in one way to take them down honestly, that's the fun of it. Love hate relationship typa thing.

A vast majority of the time when you lose a password you clicked on a bad link or an xss'ed link or something else in that genre. It's not necessarily YouTubes fault, rather people that click on any bloody link they get.

Just watch your back

0 0

WordofMight wrote: The why do I still get hacked on youtube? I mean I follow all general password "rules".

Someone may have installed a keylogger on your system. In that case, they'll get your new password the first time you use it ^^

0 0

I would assume that a site like UTube would have somewhat sketchy account security. Because you agreed to their terms of service, you don't have any influence on their company. And one account isn't going to affect their company.

Extra password precautions: Just fill in giberish in the password recovery questions. Take advantage of login signatures if your account matters to you. Don't use popular email providers to regester for accounts that matter. Don't link accounts to you or other (importaint) accounts. And if you only talk to a handfull of people like me, you can have an account for each person.

And since I'm paranoid and don't store passwords on my computer, I usually write down the password in a book I'm reading at the time.

0 0

I have just one question how secure is password that is written in the book.

What if someone else rads that same book.