Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Perl hacking

0 0

I am currently trying to hack a site that my physics professor uses called webassign. I'm sure some of you have heard of it. What i want to accomplish is to make the website tell me then answer. I've done some research on the site and it appears that most of it is done in perl. I'm assuming perl is similar to php in that you cant see the source code but is there anyway i can access functions that are being used by the script?

0 0

heh you live in texas eh? go to UTA?

0 0

What?

For 1. No i do not live in Texas

and for 2. what does that have to do with my post?

0 0

his school uses the same thing so he assumed you were also in texas?

and yeah… surprised you havent gotten flamed hardcore yet. read the rules man.

[edit] and you are going to need to know A LOT more than just that perl is server side to get anywhere with this… [/edit]

...Legend?
0 0

There's no real need to flame, the amount of flaming in the forum's atm is out of control, and I belive the best way to deal with this is remind poeple of the rule's if they make a post about help hacking a site.

And if they repeatdly do add a warn level, and also if admins could lock any threads like this asap.

0 0

I appologize i didnt realize that i was breaking the rules, i see know where i went wrong. I meant to ask the question as more of a general question about exploiting a perl script or somehow gaining access to the functions that are being used. I was hopeing to do this without gaining access to the server itself.

I am sorry for breakling the rules i was simply providing an example of a website that used the specifications i was trying to attack.

...Legend?
0 0

Good of you to admit your mistake and listen to the member's and just enjoy your time at HBH.