Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

JS URL injection

0 0

What injections are there that can manipulate a system via a js injection into a url, and you can inject anything.

What you reccon?

Dotti.

0 0

manipulate a system? I don't think you can do that. Or at least I don't know how you would. I thought javascript was a scripting language for browsers…

You can do stuff within your browser, but unless a site is vulnerable to XSS, I doubt you can do anything to anyone else via Javascript. :P

SET

Peumonoultramicroscopicsilico
0 0

Java Script cant do anything very powerful. Its for scripting. Javascript is not made by java and has nothing to do with java which is a stronger language. IF i remeber correctly it was a made by netscape called livescript but the name was changed in order to trick ppl to beliving it had to do with java. LOL worthless information but llol a nice history listen

0 0

Javascript was originally refered to as Mocha, and then later LiveScript before being called Javascript. It was created by Netscape for Netscape. Javascript was designed to look similar to Java but is essentially unrelated. It's now called Javascript because Sun made a deal with Netscape; "JavaScript" is a trademark of Sun Microsystems.

Javascript is probably one of the most powerful languages, by far the best on the net - the interweb would be so much worse if it was taken away. It's definately my favourite languge, by far. The possiblities are nearly endless. It's used so often, so well.

0 0

is it possible to interact with/manipulate the system through it though?

0 0

Skunkfoot wrote: is it possible to interact with/manipulate the system through it though?

Yes. Many PoC's for Buffer Overflows are done in javascript.