Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

MS Exchange server

0 0

i need help. we are using in school ms exchange server (running on windows server edition) and we have abbility to use web access to read our mail on-line. i need to know if exchange using some default way to access the web access. e.g. http://**********.com/exchange etc. etc. i know that the "exchange" was included in the url, but its not that right way. so if it uses some default address, please tell it to me. admin probably dont changed it, but i cant ask him for the right url. thanks in advance

0 0

Well, three possible ways, I suppose:

1. Find out the POP mail server setting in Outlook / other mail clients, and try that.
  2. Find out the fully qualified DNS name of the server, and try that.
  3. Try variations of the DNS name, starting with "pop", "smtp", or "mail".

0 0

Do you know the name of the exchange server? The outlook web access(OWA) runs under IIS, so if no other site is being hosted on the machine it should just be: https://exchangeserver.yourdomain.com. Let me know if it works.

SET

Peumonoultramicroscopicsilico
0 0

well the one i have at work is https://mail.*****.org/exchange

try it out

[Forever Blind To See]
0 0

like the previouse posts most exchange servers are configured under a SUB domain rather than www.domain.com/exchange but if your school / work are akward like me then it will be www.domain.com/exchange

the thing with the exchange server is tht it is designed to be secure, unless you know about it or you know where the "server" is held your gonna have a hard time hacking it (well i think so but im not tht experianced) maybe learn about IIS like the previouse post sed there is vunrabilitys in IIS that may help you?

Peace I-O-W-A

0 0

I-O-W-A wrote: like the previouse posts most exchange servers are configured under a SUB domain rather than www.domain.com/exchange but if your school / work are akward like me then it will be www.domain.com/exchange

Err… what? Most environments shorten it to a single domain reference for ease of use. And most of them don't start with "www".

the thing with the exchange server is tht it is designed to be secure, unless you know about it or you know where the "server" is held your gonna have a hard time hacking it (well i think so but im not tht experianced) maybe learn about IIS like the previouse post sed there is vunrabilitys in IIS that may help you?

I think you need to reference a bit more on Exchange Server before making those statements. The primary usage of Exchange is to integrate it with an Active Directory structure. Thus, an Exchange Server email list can enumerate users for you. Let's not get started on the actual weaknesses of the web interface or the potential weaknesses inherent in mail servers…

For the moment, let the OP determine how to access it. Then, he can be concerned with recon.

0 0

mail.********/exchang thanks it worked