Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

accessing an internal network from external

0 0

Im a new network admin. I have a few switches set up and I want to be able to access them from home. I can access them from the internal network with their ip. how do I do this?

ps. they are accessed via web browser or telnet for admin config

0 0

el lobo wrote: Im a new network admin. I have a few switches set up and I want to be able to access them from home. I can access them from the internal network with their ip. how do I do this?

ps. they are accessed via web browser or telnet for admin configDon't use telnet. The only real way to access an internal device is to map an external IP:port to that internal device. This can be a very risky thing to do. A better option would be to set-up a VPN tunnel and remotely access (Remote Desktop, VNC, etc.) your work machine, and do it from there.

0 0

dude, seriously telnet is weak. i'd recommened SSH, if you can swing it.

and use SSL for the ones accessed using a browser.

to access them from home, do like metsoc30 said, and map them to an external IP. but make sure that its locked down hard. ;)