Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Can I....

0 0

Change a script on a page? Like if somebody had something like this:

<body>
Can I change the code on somebodys site?
<body>

Some crap like that Would I be able to change it on somebodys site without being login an admin? Such as on hackthissite for the first misson how you had to move the person up to first place. Without admin powers

0 0

Heh, as most of us wish it was, it isn't nearly that easy. To edit the content of a webpage, you need to have administrator access so that you can change the actual file on the server. Although, you could change the way it looks to you but that wouldn't be seen by anyone else.

0 0

Oh damn Well im on a geo cities misson is it possible to do this? I have the ID but not the password. Can I do SQL? idk

0 1

dude.

its possible if you know how. If you dont learn.

no one is gonna spoon feed you on this site.

learn by google / programing lanauges etc etc etc

0 0

Ok do you think SQL and cookie stealing wwould work on forums and sites? Can you tell me what are the main things to learn so after I learn them I am fully capable of hacking a site? Thanks people:)

0 0

OK, first of all, to be fully capable of hacking a site, you'd need to know everything, which isn't possilbe. Just learn anything you can, it'll come in handy someday, trust me. Learn for the sake of learning. You'll learn more and learn better on your own.

0 0

Mr Cheese said: dude.

its possible if you know how. If you dont learn.

no one is gonna spoon feed you on this site.

learn by google / programing lanauges etc etc etc

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. Just know this: hacking is not defacing web pages because you want to impress your friends. Hackers take action because they have a cause. Every person has a skill, how you use it defines how others will view you.

0 0

hrm… well it seems to me as if you are almost there, you wish to learn in order to accomplish a certain goal, hacking is about the learning not the goal… if any hacker had a specific goal per se, and they accomplished it, they would be done, no more reason to hack… atleast that is my belief…

Another thing, if you want to deface a site and make it unuseable by other people that is not only annoying, and rude, it is extremely illegal; This entire site could be a sting operation waiting to catch hackers, we don't know, so the moral of the story is, stop trying to impress your friends, respect the internet and all that it provides for you, learn some stuff, and then you will realize when you have the power to 'fully hack a site' you really won't want to, because by then you understand the work the person put into it…

Hacking is about respect, the journey, and the challenge, not how many notches are on your belt as you rot in jail…

Thoughts brought to you by: Deshouleres

0 0

Bah. If you can deface the site, do it. Take proper security steps though and cover your tracks.

But, semi-agreeing with Deshoulres, please do not delete anything and leave the site 100% accessible to the public. It's all about the free flow of information.

Irony of the Post: People rant about how important the freedom of speech/press/expression is SO important (and trust me, I hold that freedom tightly and preciously)… yet strive to deface racist websites.

I understand where those goals come from… but don't the racists get to express their ideas as well?

0 0

Freedom of speech and expression have their limitations. The limit comes when their freedoms encroach or restrict other's freedoms. In the case of racists, their hatred of a different race impeads on other's freedoms (and perhaps safety).

0 0

for the hts challenge you dont need to edit the page atall jus watch the way the website registers the votes for the bands. when you click t ovote for a band look at the url and then veiw the soruce of the website t osee how the system works. youll see an easy exploit. ad that is about the only way to change website source codes using an exploit like that one or in a guestbook ect… the only other way is to login to the hosting provider as the admin of the website.

0 0

Desy, (thats what im calling you whatever ya like it or not :) :P) I totally agree with what you said about defacements. I used to be like most of the kids (that sadly there are so much of) who destroy data and information, and for no reason. I think, that if you have a goal, go for it, but only if you've got a good reason, and if the reason is good then you should in turn have the determination to do it. Don't go destroying people's hard work for the heck of it. If you have an objective, and you are literally at war or want to sabotage someone's data and information, do it. No one is stopping you. But keep in mind. If you make one small step, you will be caught, you will be taken in, and you will suffer due consequences. I program and create viruses and worms, but i never plan to release them. If I do release them, it is limited only to the people who wish to test it out. It's hard work. So many of you say 'Well, if the site's exploitable, then the person deserves to get hacked.' No. If you believe that, you're completely wrong. If you tell the person, maybe even create a deface page that links to the regular main page, then they can fix it, and they wont have to redo all of there hard work. Try it. Create your own website, and I'll fuck it up. You wouldn't be too happy eh? Love <3 <3 xoxoxox :P, Psycha