Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

routers??

0 0

ok, so i got a few comps plugged into my router, all of em have the same ip. im guessing this is true for all routers, or most. now lets say i got an ip, and wanted to play with someones comp. but they wer eon a router. how would i get to just there comp if 2 or more computers have the same ip?

The Manager
0 0

it all depends on how their routers Port Forwarding is set up. if they have port 80 routing to computer A when you attack through 80 you will hit computer A but if port 21 is set up to forward to computer B then attacks through port 21 will hit computer B.

If no port forwarding is set up and the ports are blocked then you will hit nothingness. otherwise you could just be hitting any computer OR even just the router.

0 0

Basically, you're likely to be using DHCP with your router. This means, as far as internal IPs go, each computer will have a unique IP within that network. To that outside world, you're only one computer on one internet connection, so you'll only have on IP.

0 0

I usually just use Nmap ( nmap -v 192.168.1.* ) on my LAN w/ verizon DSL… dunno about cable, and all other ISPs. But that gives me a thorough map of my LAN. Be creative with it, and the payload will be GREAT.

0 0

Rebirth wrote: well depends , if you want remote access use DHCP if you want to hack them locally (mess with them) use 192.168.1.(insert number 1- howerver many) then do a test like netsend (if enabled) and see if that works

That doesn't apply. First, that internal IP range doesn't apply to everyone. Second, how would you use DHCP or a static IP to hack someone in that sense?

Anyway, to answer this question. If they aren't forwarding any services and they aren't using any passthrough methods, then you can't touch their computer in short.