Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Hash Cracking Help !

0 0

well .. i want to crack this root hash :-

root:$1$waYC6YK8$wn/xVc6qZgYO/57Zyr7ca0:12408:0:99999:7:::

this is the full complete hash as it is .. I have the tool Cain & Abel … but i don't know how will i use it to crack that hash ….

when i open cain & abel .. i see different types of hashes areas on left side … So in which one should i GO & add this hash ??? ….

& One more thing .. how much part of that hash will i have to put in Cain & Abel .. i mean that root:$1$waYC6YK8$wn/xVc6qZgYO/57Zyr7ca0:12408:0:99999:7::: <–– AS IT IS .. FULL ???Or Some part of it ????????

plz tell me …

thanks.

0 0

http://passcracking.ru/index.php

try this site….insert the "hash" and you have only to wait. Are you sure that is a hash? It seems a encryped message or a series of differents hash!! Let me know PM me please

0 0

Larika wrote: It seems a encryped message or a series of differents hash!! Let me know PM me please

Somehow, I have the same idea as you.

Please note that I'm no expert on recognizing types of hashes :p

0 0

Heh, thats easy.

Its FreeBSD MD5. Its also taken froma *nix /etc/shadow file.

The hash is $1$waYC6YK8$wn/xVc6qZgYO/57Zyr7ca0

0 0

(Note, anymore only Solaris and Linux do /etc/shadow. FreeBSD does NOT.)

0 0

thousandtoone wrote: (Note, anymore only Solaris and Linux do /etc/shadow. FreeBSD does NOT.)

Yes, I know that FreeBSD uses /etc/master.passwd, but I was referring to it as FreeBSD MD5 because of how John the Ripper classifyis it.

It would have been more accurate for me to refer to it as a salted MD5.

Sorry if I confused anyone.

0 0

Its FreeBSD MD5. Its also taken froma *nix /etc/shadow file.

Was just clarifying that.

0 0

Yea, good catch. :)