Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Me and Dad at it yet again!

0 0

Yet again, I am caught up in a hack war with my dad. But oh theres somthing new! He's using Linux with SSH installed (PuTTy baby!). But here are the objectives:

-Get into computer DONE -Find account with admin powers, and get password DONE -Make a txt file saying "Owned by: <name here>" DONE -Shutdown computer with the message saying "I WON!"

Those are the objectives for today.

But when I go to shut it down it says: "Shutdown: you have to be root to do that!"

Any help?

0 0

Yea you do.

0 0

-Data- wrote: Yet again, I am caught up in a hack war with my dad. But oh theres somthing new! He's using Linux with SSH installed (PuTTy baby!). But here are the objectives:

-Get into computer DONE -Find account with admin powers, and get password DONE -Make a txt file saying "Owned by: <name here>" DONE -Shutdown computer with the message saying "I WON!"

But when I go to shut it down it says: "Shutdown: you have to be root to do that!"

Any help? r u sure you have root??:) you prolly dont have root…. ;)

0 0

-Data- wrote: Yet again, I am caught up in a hack war with my dad. But oh theres somthing new! He's using Linux with SSH installed (PuTTy baby!). But here are the objectives:

Any help? r u sure you have root??:) you prolly dont have root…. ;)

0 0

Why are alot of people posting the same things? And how do I get root. I specifically set the computer up with two names. One is limited, which we start out with. And one is the admin, which we have to get the username and password to (which I have done).