Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Preventing urself from the NET

0 0

What are the softwares u ppl use to protect urself from the NET. Like I suppose u wud be using some to Hide ur Ip or be using Proxy Servers.

Plz Reply

0 0

i use this firewall Zone Alarm and yeah sure proxies… and Lavasoft Ad-Watch (i dont like it though)

0 0

ZoneAlarm 6 Suite Spywareblaster Spybot S&D 1.4 JAP (proxy tool ;) )

0 0

HijackThis

0 0

I liek your avatar+sig asylum… anyways, I just use my neighbours wireless connection :P

0 0

Yea, good progs :p There are too many free anti-spyware progs out there

Tks, I run a GFX website, unfortunately it is down at the moment.

0 0

I just use the site someone mentioned on here.. um electric.sytes? somethin like that…

Ahem WE run the site lol.

0 0

haha I KNEW you were going to do that. :P I was doin it to tick ya off :P

OK, back on topic…

ZoneAlarm gets annoying if you jsut installed it. It asks for permission to do EVERYTHING!

0 0

AsYLuM wrote: ZoneAlarm gets annoying if you jsut installed it. It asks for permission to do EVERYTHING!

And that's very good. If ZoneAlarm gives permission to a program because the prog is on a 'safe' list, it's very dangerous and certainly not a good firewall. Ever heard of firewall-injection… or something like that :p

Anyway, please note that ZoneAlarm is just a software firewall and that it's part of the system it needs to protect. To be safe, I recommend that you also use some sort of hardware firewall. I got some good experience with Linksys stuff ;)

0 0

I myself use Spybot -S & D Spyware Doctor & use a Zone Alarm Firewall.

I also wanna ask what do u ppl use or do to hide ur IP's?

0 0

I have NAT

0 0

I use TOR which is great, and also privoxy.

0 0

Now that you name that last one… The Proxomitron is also quite good… at least when there isn't a router or something between your modem and your pc; else the thing is worthj sh*t :p ;)

0 0

But does these work with a dial up connection & with Opera as the browser.

0 0

Yup, those tools are (if I gor it correct) browser independant. You just conenct to an IP (e.g. 127.0.0.1:8080) which the tool made for you and you're done.

0 0

The_Cell wrote: And that's very good. If ZoneAlarm gives permission to a program because the prog is on a 'safe' list, it's very dangerous and certainly not a good firewall. Ever heard of firewall-injection… or something like that :p

Yes, that is a dangerous condition. There are many ways to exploit this. I've seen IE used to go and download rootkits, among other things. I've see people recreate spaceless piping reverse telnet shells (similar to the *nix telnet | sh | telnet, only its telnet | cmd | telnet) using telnet (as its on the allow list). You're only limited by your imagination.

But you want to know whats really scary? You know the commands to manipulate Windows process from sysinternals? Its possible to use the `pskill' command to actually kill the firewall, thus rendering it useless. Attackers can also do this to your AV, your anti-spyware, to anything.

So, once they get access, its game over.