Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

cracking a .zip file with password

0 0

ok.. i'v been thinkin how i could crack a .zip file which is password protected… so i couldnt open it up.. or unzip it… any help would be appreciated…

0 1

there are programs for download that enable you to brute force the zip password.

0 0

Try Advanced Password Recovery, if you need a key, just ask ;) Or else you could always use the free PkCrack.

In my opinion you should use both. I once was able to crack a zip using in plaintext in PkCrack whilst AZPR couldn't crack it. But AZPR did succeed in cracking another one with plaintext while PkCrack just gave an error.

Btw, the fastest way to crack a zip is using plaintext, you can get a pass in less then 5 min if your comp is fast enough (tested on P4 2.66 Ghz, 1gb RAM).

0 0

Yup, the Known Plaintext Attack is the best way to go for this. :)

0 0

Yup, the Known Plaintext Attack is the best way to go for this. :)

0 0

n3w7yp3 wrote: Yup, the Known Plaintext Attack is the best way to go for this. :)

The only trouble is that you need a decrypted version of on eof the encrypted files which COULD be a problem ;) :p