Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

A Proxy IP is?

0 0

Isn't a Proxy IP when your IP changes like every minute? Because when I go to lots of sites to learn about it, they say different things. Therefore, I knew you guys would give me the right answer so, I ask you all. ;)

0 0

a proxy ip is.. well for me its i connect thru the internet under someone elses computer. that person computer is set up for the sole purpose of being a proxy. then when im browsing the web their ip is tracked and not mine. making it secure for me to browse the web.

there are 2 types of proxys one is a web proxy where u find a site put it in the adress bar and change the settings.

another is a manual proxy where u change the settings of ur security for instance in firefox you can asign urself to be behind a proxy. its just a safe way of doing things and no it doesnt change ur ip around at all.

0 0

A "proxy IP" is just the IP address for a proxy server. You don't get a proxy IP like you get a dynamic or static IP address. You would find a working proxy server, get it's IP address and open port, and connect your computer to it. Look at it like this:

You —> Proxy Server —> Internet

There are 3 kinds of proxies:

Transparent - Used for 'easy browsing' free from adware, spyware, or simply just a cache. Offers zero anonymity. Your actual IP address is sent with the proxy to the website, so you're not hidden.

Anonymous - This is a proxy that DOESN'T carry your original IP address around to the websites you visit, but it DOES tell the other sites that you are using a proxy. Offer some anonymity.

High Anonymous - aka 'Elite'; These proxies are what you want. They don't carry your original IP address with them AND they don't let others know that you are using a proxy. Offer good anonymity.

So why would you want to use a proxy? Say you're hacking a website. If the webmaster is smart, he'd check his logs and (unless you cleared all the logs) there listed is the IP address of who was connecting to him that did the hacking. If you weren't using a proxy, you're screwed. He's just traced you like that. If you used a proxy, he'd trace the IP address to a computer that could possibly be in a foreign country. Then he'd have to get some kind of legal warrant to see the proxy logs which would show your home IP address.

Understand?

0 0

-_- way to kill my post.

0 0

<3 Frozen Flame

I was just elaborating on what you said ;)

0 0

A proxy in a computer sense is any network node routing between your computer and the internet. More commonly it is considered simply a server to hide your IP, but it is much more.

What you're thinking of is a Dynamic IP, assigned through DHCP on each connection by your ISP.

0 0

Proxy lists are a thing of the past. I prefer to use tor.

0 0

coupled with privoxy B)

0 0

Oh yeah gotta love that Tor & Privoxy combo + that firefox plugin that switches ure Proxy! But how can I put a proxy on my whole computer ( some proggies that i would like to use a proxy on ).

0 0

Frozen Flame wrote: a proxy ip is.. well for me its i connect thru the internet under someone elses computer. that person computer is set up for the sole purpose of being a proxy. then when im browsing the web their ip is tracked and not mine. making it secure for me to browse the web.

there are 2 types of proxys one is a web proxy where u find a site put it in the adress bar and change the settings.

another is a manual proxy where u change the settings of ur security for instance in firefox you can asign urself to be behind a proxy. its just a safe way of doing things and no it doesnt change ur ip around at all.

How do I set up a Proxy IP from Firefox?

0 0

Tools -> Options -> Connection Settings, I believe that's it. check out tor.eff.org, It sounds as if Tor would be a valuable asset for you.

0 0

Cynoxx_ wrote: Oh yeah gotta love that Tor & Privoxy combo + that firefox plugin that switches ure Proxy! But how can I put a proxy on my whole computer ( some proggies that i would like to use a proxy on ).

Okay, lets say you wanna proxy an SSH connection to 192.168.1.100. You'd open up a shell and type:

$ torify ssh -vv -l root 192.168.1.100

Of course, you replace the options i gave with whats needed.

Or, to say that simpler, just type torify and then the commands you wish to proxy (BTW, run tor before you try to use torify) ;)

0 0

Wow thanks! So i could you use this to spoof mail for example?

0 0

Yes, you could indeed.

$ torify telnet server.com 25