Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

credential of a local unifi gateway

0 0

Hello all, First of all, let me introduce myself: I'm colonel Mustard, an italian guy who has a strong interest in ethical hacking but few time to practice :)

Now, I would like to talk with you about a strange problem with my local network (I hope this is the right place to post)

I recently asked a one-man company to setup and install a local area network with captive portal for my business, a small B&B. He made me buy a lot of stuff, including wifi PoE hotspots, a NAS, some switches and an Ubiquity newtworks UniFi gateway.

Since this is a very small business, I only own one adsl, that's why I asked him to set up it: I wanted to share the internet connection through the captive portal so that I wouldn also share my private stuff, like printers and whatever with my guests.

The problem is that now, this guy refuses to give me the admin credentials for my own infrastructure, claiming thate he is the admin, and if I need modifications I need to ask him. I don't want to fight him, nor I want to fire him, because a new contract with any other company would cost me too much money, but I honestly find this behavior not professional. I know he has remote access to my systems, and I also know that providing him so much "power" was a mistake, so now I would like to know if there's a way to gain access to my onw system and - at least - check the logs and see if he accesses my networks for other reasons but support.

Unfortunately, reset everything is not an option, because reconfigure everything would be a nightmare, and above all he will notice it, and I don't want it.

Thanks everybody for any hint.

Best, CM

10 9

Tell him to fuck off.

Buy a half decent router that has an inbuilt "guest mode" function as that will allow you to create a seperate network that has no access to any of your other devices.

That way you can ensure that it's only your ISP and the government that are spying on you