Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Hardware Hacking Through Ethernet Ports

0 0

Hello everybody!

I am slowly getting started with hacking in general, and one of my friends asked me to see if there are any security flaws in a robot he is making. I found a vuln in the wireless control software (he is controlling it from wifi and none of the packets were encrypted). That is all well and good, but there is also an ethernet port on the side of the robot.

My question is, how do I go about receiving and sending requests through the ethernet port? Can I use still use Wireshark? Do I have to make a custom program to send requests? Is there a way I could find out the methods that he uses to communicate with the robot through ethernet?

Thank you!

10 0

The air/cable are just the media of which your data are being transferred. At the end of the day the same network logic is applied, so yes tcpdump/wireshark will work. Assuming that the ethernet port is used for management (same as wifi) you'll see more or less the same packets going back and forth (arp request, handshake etc etc..)

have a look at that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARP_spoofing. There are plenty of tools to help you with this.

0 0

Thank you!