Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

How to MD5 the contents of a TXT file line by line

0 0

So I kind of need to MD5 Hash an entire txt files' contents line by line.

Here's part of my list as an example:

apple orange grape pineapple banana

I need to basically find the md5 hash of every single one of the words and display it like so,

apple:(md5 hash of apple) orange:(md5 hash of orange) grape:(md5 hash of grape) ect…

I could do it manually but the txt file is 25,000,000 lines long but it would take forever.

Anyone know how I could do that?

10 0

In Linux: for i in cat testmd5; do echo -n $i | md5sum | awk '{print $1}' >> md5_out; done; paste -d " " testmd5 md5_out | tr ' ' ':' > final

Either change your file name to testmd5 or the other way around. md5_out should contain the hashes and final contains the final output thumbs up

If you want to repeat that just rm md5_out first

0 0

There are a lot of ways in doing this. Your question needs more detail, like what platform, what language, etc…

10 0

A colleague of mine wrote that, which is better than mine :D

for i in cat testmd5; do echo $i:$(echo -n $i | md5sum | cut -d'-' -f1) ; done > final

0 0

Kulverstukas wrote: There are a lot of ways in doing this. Your question needs more detail, like what platform, what language, etc…

My bad. I was thinking of doing this in the bash command line or in C++.

0 0

gobzi wrote: A colleague of mine wrote that, which is better than mine :D

for i in cat testmd5; do echo $i:$(echo -n $i | md5sum | cut -d'-' -f1) ; done > final

Thank you gobzi, that worked.