Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Hacking with virtual machine.

0 0

Hey,

First i would say that I am totaly newbie, so please reply even it is obvious. I have read that using Windows is not the best way to hack. It is hard to stay anonymous, therefore i installed virtual machine Kali Linux on my host system Windows 10. Is there difference between using virtual machine on Linux host system and virtual machine on Windows host system? Can i stay equally anonymous hacking like that, or should I install secondary (Linux) host system and then Kali Linux virtual machine on it?

Thank you in advance.

10 9

Using a VM doesn't make you anonymous, it can help isolate you from malware that you might accidentally download or come across as you surf the web, but it's still using your ip address.

Using proxies and VPN's with Windows or a Linux OS does not make you anonymous or invisible either, as techniques like digital fingerprinting can be used to single you out. https://panopticlick.eff.org/

The best anonymity and privacy tools will not protect you if you don't understand their limitations, or change your surfing behaviour accordingly, there is NO magic solution to keeping a low profile, there's always a risk of being unmasked.

But, if staying anonymous was the main reason for choosing an OS, then it would have to be Tails, but it also has its limits. https://tails.boum.org/doc/about/warning/

0 0

I understand the above, but it is not quite what I meant. I read that Windows systems in opposit to Linux systems likes to send some private information about computer. What about this?

10 9

Yeah sure windows sends back masses of data, but if you're trying to deface some website via XSS from your VM, or even without a VM, I seriously doubt that they give two fucks.

I've seen thousands of articles about Windows 10 collecting data and its privacy issues, but I've yet to see an article where anyone was charged with any crime, or ended up in jail as a result of it.

Things like Google, social media, and all the other shit you use across the web, collect just as much information, regardless of what OS you use, choosing linux will stop the flow of information to microsoft, but unless you change your surfing habits, it won't really make any difference in the long run.

0 0

If you are trying to stay anonymous read this artical, it will give you a better idea of what is going on. You are always traceable, it just depends on what action was committed that will determine how much time and money they spend trying to trace everything back to you.

When you have custom firmware flashed to a modem and are online using cloned service parameters you are tricking a CMTS (at least through broadband connections) to thinking you are somebody else on your ISP's network. This can go a lot more in-depth, but you get the idea I'm sure.

Read: http://www.tech-phreaks.net/?q=node/38