Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Need some ideas, possibly some direction

0 0

Hi,

I am posting pretty much because I am on my last major project for College and I may have totally railed myself. I began wanting to be a programmer and became interested in IT security and penetration testing. I recently got a CEH certification and will be perusing other IT security certifications, but enough about that.

The reason I am here is I need some ideas of what type of application/website I should develop to show that Penetration Testing is important. Most of the great ideas are taken so I am pretty much between a rock and a hard spot. My strengths are I can learn just about anything quickly. I was considering trying to write an antivirus program, but I can't seem to find any legitimate malware to decompile. So now I am considering moving to something to do with databases and SQL as those are my strengths considering that's what I am stuck doing for now.

So essentially I suppose my questions are:

Is there any place to find a live virus written by someone to decompile?

Are there any malware, trojans, etc that are directed toward databases?

And

What is the absolute best language that can be learned fast (2 weeks?) out of PERL, Python, and any other language to write your own viruses, worms, trojans, etc.? And where in the world can I find information on how to do these things? Any book, article ANYTHING that someone can recommend would be great.

Please do not think I am asking for anyone to do my homework for me. I am just trying to make the best out of this opportunity to learn something that I simply cannot in a classroom environment. Any information would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance for any correspondence.