Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

I want to do malicious.

0 0

Hope you don't get the title wrong! But here i am, and i want to code malicious software to explore the the world of REAL programming, to get deep and advanced. Let me just make 1000% sure that i am NOT planing to do anything illegal or "trolling". I am 20 years old and my dream job is computer security and that's why i want to learn. (ofc also for self satisfaction, witch is a huge motivator.)

About 6 years ago i started learning C++ but didn't really get to the point i wanted, so i quickly gave up and didn't really get into OOP. In the meantime up til now i have been messing with linux and really learn all of the basic stuff i din't have when i started programming, like python, networking, hardware, server setups and so on.. Some months ago i got into Java, to start over, with an easy language that still had the power of OOP (and ofc multi platform, tablet, phone, applets….).

But now I am ready to move on, have the basics in place, and really got the "point" of it all.

So i need some help now, to figure out where to go from now on. Should i get back to learn C++, should i learn C or OOP-C first? Am i ready for ASM? Should i continue Java? Should i start focusing on something else than programming?

I may sound like a script kiddie, and maybe i am, but that's why i'm here.

0 0

Get OOP out of your brain. It's useless where you want to go. Learn C, learn Assembly, and most of all, learn how computers work. You can't write malicious software if you don't know how the stack works or proper memory management. The best thing you can do for yourself as a coder and eventual security is to learn C and your target operating system.

When are objects good?

Answer: When you have a data set with lots of different moving interchangeable parts (ie name, address, billing info etc). It's just a way of cataloging and having some methods act upon large groups of unique info in an efficient (but not always) way.

Also, yes. Discontinue Java.

0 0

Yes i know OOP is useless, just mentioned it to kinda give an ida how long i have worked with programming (going the std direction for software development).

More about the works of computers, definitively!

I have searched and start to read about Stack (abstract data type i assume) and memory management, and every underlieng subject i can find.

I have an overall ida of how all of the components work, but how do i go deeper? What topics, words, concepts do i search and read?

0 0

I agree completely with Arabian. Learning C and assembly will help a great deal in developing a deeper understanding of how the computer works. Specific topics you would be interested in are of course buffer overflows: begin learning the stack based ones then move on to the heap as it is generally more complicated I think. These are typical aspects of computer security. Also learning PHP will help you in understanding Web application attacks such as Remote File Includes and SQLi, etc. In addition, getting to know different heavily used network protocols such as TCP, IP, UDP, and HTTP will be of use as well. So you could write some programs to implement different functions that use those. I find that helpful.

Other security topics that would be beneficial to you would be to learn how to write shellcode. These are direct opcodes derived from the hexadecimal representation of assembly language instructions. You use these as a method of injecting "source code" in a form that the CPU will willingly (there are exceptions that sometimes need to be bypassed) execute if you can successfully redirect a program to execute the code at an arbitrary location you can control.

I found reading up on these things from several widely known computer security books helpful as well, such as The Shellcoder's Handbook and Gray Hat Hacking.

-suid

0 0

Arabian wrote: Also, yes. Discontinue Java.

@ Arabian, pls dont say that , i need to learn JAVA to clear my school exams,

and BTW @hust , i personally find that u might try to learn up on a few disassemblers out there , it might generate interest in studying assembly , as working around the tutorials of such programs(read OLLYDBG) , gives a feeling of achievement …

0 0

tuere816 wrote: [quote]Arabian wrote: Also, yes. Discontinue Java.

@ Arabian, pls dont say that , i need to learn JAVA to clear my school exams,

and BTW @hust , i personally find that u might try to learn up on a few disassemblers out there , it might generate interest in studying assembly , as working around the tutorials of such programs(read OLLYDBG) , gives a feeling of achievement … [/quote]

You are not OP, and if you don't HAVE to learn it, then it's best you DON'T.

*Hust wrote: ** I have searched and start to read about Stack (abstract data type i assume) and memory management, and every underlieng subject i can find.

The stack is not so abstract in its application. The Stack

And what the other guy said above - learn about the buffer, the heap - etc. Basically, how your computer functions. I also recommend install some *nix operating system to jumpstart your terminal use and to break into the more mechanical sectors of your computer.

0 0

Thanks a lot, so from what i understand i need to continue *nix, start learning C and learn hardware on a really low level.

0 0

You need to understand the code better than the programmer who wrote it.

0 0

tuere816 wrote: [quote]i need to learn JAVA to clear my school

which class you in ? 

0 0

suid wrote: You need to understand the code better than the programmer who wrote it.

now here is where i miss that stupid like button from facebook

-=—————————–==-=============-===––––––––

@newbee i am 12+1

Banned
0 0

Anyone else cringe every time they see the title of this thread on the frontpage?

0 0

tuere816 wrote: i am 12+1

does it mean first year in college , or do you mean 13 years old ?

Admin from hell
0 0

spyware wrote: Anyone else cringe every time they see the title of this thread on the frontpage?

Ah, Big time. My finger starts getting itchy on the delete button.

@newbee, Send a PM if you want to converse.

0 0

korg wrote: [quote]spyware wrote: Anyone else cringe every time they see the title of this thread on the frontpage?

Ah, Big time. My finger starts getting itchy on the delete button.

@newbee, Send a PM if you want to converse.[/quote]

korg finally() { delete.post(tuere816); System.out.print("reason: user agrees to use pm to converse :P"); }

0 0

newbee wrote: [quote]tuere816 wrote: i am 12+1

does it mean first year in college , or do you mean 13 years old ?[/quote] first year in college , btw