Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Spamming and hotmail.

0 0

Hey guys!

So I have a question about hotmail spam filters, I have an 11 years old hotmail adress and that shit gets spam daily. Sometimes Hotmail stops the spam. Some other times it doesn't.

I wonder how they do it to bypass the hotmail filters? Cuz logically, if you get an smtp server and start spamming like hell, the servers should detect it and block or at least put the mails in spam after some time.

So how do they do it? Do they switch servers every two days? sounds expensive. Did they find a way to "validate" the server to the eyes of hotmail like the certificate validation "hack"?

Thanks in advance for answers!

The Manager
0 0

There are many ways to bypass filters.

One you can write up an original content email that is not within current spam detection software.

Two you can use VPN Servers to pass your mail through so you do not have to worry about the IP getting black listed.

Three you can attempt to pass your email through a third party emailer system.

Four you can hire people who are on white lists that send "promotional" emails all the time.

Hope that is helpful.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

magnus wrote: I wonder how they do it to bypass the hotmail filters? Cuz logically, if you get an smtp server and start spamming like hell, the servers should detect it and block or at least put the mails in spam after some time.

Hi Magnus :)

There are lots of legitimate reasons that a mail server would want to send a very large amount of emails to a variety of addresses. For example, say a monthly company newsletter or Facebook's notification system. Because of that, valid email will often also come from servers that also send large amounts of spam. So a webserver like hotmail cannot block another webserver entirely based upon only how much email it is sending.

Instead, algorithms are generally used to check for spam. They basically check the content of the email for specific words/combinations of them/frequencies/etc and filter it on the fly.

It's a really complex art, there are entire books and courses on fighting against spam. In some cases, servers may be blacklisted, but there are a variety of other methods available. Unfortunately, it's very, very hard to get 100% spam filtering. It's always a cat and mouse game of the spammers against the people trying to keep the spam out. The spammers continue to come up with new ways around the fitlers, and the fitlers try to get better and better.

If you are really interested, I'd recommend getting a book on the subject. I have "Ending Spam: Bayesian content filtering and the art of statistical language classification" in my bookshelf that I've been meaning to get to, and I've heard really good things about it.

Hope that helps.