Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Setting up a hacker's lab

0 0

Im trying to set one up on my laptop or maybe between my pc and laptop. Problem is, I'm trying to set up vm ware boxes on my laptop to attack with metasploit. But thing is, how do I hack them? I need a way to attack them from my laptop to the VM ware box on my laptop?

0 0

so… why are you doing this again?

0 0

as a zen master once said: "clime that mountain snail!"

I don't know how that applies, but it's zen, so it does. Be prepared for it to take time, and take the time to read a few books and watch some lectures/talks.

0 0

At God, I'm doing it to learn how to use metasploit. If I attack my stuff I don't have to worry about being in trouble with the police. Its all safe. And the other guy, there arn't realyl any lecture I can go to. Nobody likes 15 year-old newbies , second all the kids at my high school are cunts, or are incognito about it. So don't have anyone to talk to about this. Plus everything with MSF is completely scarey and I don't have much understanding about how to use this.

0 0

On VMWare you have options in the Virtual Network editor to use a localloop (host-only) for the VMs, set all of the networks for the VMs to that for doing penetration testing between them.

Host
|------------------|
| VM1   VM2    VM3 |
| |_____|______|   |
| Host only        |
|------------------|

Between two physical machines with a VM on each, I am not so certain, you probably need to bridge to a second physical LAN card / port not used by the host OS so as to differntiate between the two OSs - that is to say, if you already have dual LAN on your motherboard like I do.

Host--------------> Physical LAN #1 >-+------Network-----Host 2
|--------------------------|          |       |
| VM1                      |          |       |
| |_____>Physical LAN #2-->-----------|       Router/DNS
|                          |
|--------------------------|

This may seem more difficult on a Laptop, but you can easily pickup a PCMCIA LAN card or USB LAN card and it should work.

I don't think NAT will work 'bi-directoinally', IE you could launch attacks from either, but the Host OS gets in the way, for properly testing network security between OSs under Virtualisation.

Jim,

0 0

Uhhh derp, I'm thinking about the schematics the first one I know I am trying to run the VM's off of my laptop. So I already put them there but the question is how do I access networking and set up subnets for these. I want to pwn the VM's. Ive gone through google but everyone says go networking in VM ware, the question is WHERE THE F*CK IS NETWORKING FAIL VM! :3 kitty faic.

0 0

What version of VMWare are you using?

ESXI comes with a management tool. Within that you can configure everything.

I'm sure Vsphere and the likes would also have some sort of management tool with them aswell. But i've never used them so can't say for deffinate

:right: