Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

ipod touch jailbreak/metasploit implementation

0 0

Hi all,

I recently installed metaploit on my ipod touch 4.2.1, and while it runs a TINY bit slow (naturally) it's still a working implementation. It was quite a lengthy process because there doesn't seem to be a jailbreak for 4.3 out yet, so I was wondering if the community would find it helpful to know how I was able to do it without using the Cydia installation package. I can write up an article if people think it will be useful. This would also go for ipad jailbreaks as well. I just wanted to see if it would hold any benefit before starting the writing process. Thanks!

Vienessewaltzer

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Why would you do it without Cydia, out of curiosity? I'm still back on my Ipod on 3.x (don't want to loose my jailbroken apps by upgrading to 4.x), so I havn't really played with stuff in a while.

0 0

The problem was that the ruby version(1.9.2 is what it's at now I think) that was included in the metasploit Cydia package for the 4.2.1 ipod firmware throws errors when you try to launch MS. You have to manipulate the install by basically installing ruby 1.8.6 and MSF by themselves. Not hard, but it would have been easier with a tutorial for the 4.2.x firmware.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Ah, I see. I don't think there is much demand for an article like that specifically from the HBH community, but people looking on Google might benefit from it and end up here. Whichever you decide to do, I suppose.