Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

A question in the form of a story.

0 0

Please note, this is a "fictional story" for purposes that can be assumed.

In the story, we'll follow 2 Characters: Protagonist is "Minion1" Antagonist is "God"

God is the master of his land. He owns a land that has 28 computers, which his Minions use. However, Minion1 hates the rules that God enforces upon his land.

Lets get some back story first. Now, Minion1 has already taken a year to gain system level access to his computer that he assigned. Nothing big, but he needed to do it without raising suspicion with God and the SuperGods. Anyways, heres what he's done. CMD is automatically disabled. He knew various ways to get around that. Keep in mind, God is using XP on all of his computers. Minion1 created a text file, typed in "command.com" and saved it as a batch file. Even though this let him have access to the command prompt, it gave him no real access. So he then typed the command <at XX:XX[time] /interactive cmd.exe>. But an error saying the task was not started came up. He checked and re-checked his syntax, and everything was correct.

However, he noticed that on some of the other God's computers, the ability to schedule a task was disabled, while on others, it was enabled. Which was no problem. He started Services via services.msc and enabled the task scheduler. He then retyped the syntax and gained System level access. By no means is that a big feat for Minion1, but its the start.

That was the intro.

Fast forward to now. He's ready to step things up, but God is very Strict. God uses a program called NetOp to monitor all of his minions. He can control, record, and and pretty much do anything he wishes with his Minions computers.

Heres where the problem is. Minion1 is trying to figure out if he can disable the NetOp client side application (that is hidden) through the services. However, God is constantly on the watch for shenanigans. He quickly finds that the services window is minimized in the task bar. He remotes in (while Minion1 still has control) and shuts it. He thinks Minion1 doesn't notice, but he does.

Minion1 needs to break his bonds from God and go Atheist. But he needs to defeat NetOp.

He needs to create a program that will take care of it. But he doesn't have the slightest clue how to go about it, or what language to use to do so. He is guessing C++ or C#, but he honestly doesn't know.

He needs to be able to disable the NetOp process on his own computer, as well as bar NetOp from being able to issue commands to all the other Minions computers. He also wouldn't mind if he could turn the tables on god and not only revoke Gods Power, but possibly control Gods computer instead.

But again, Minion1 has no idea where to start. Minion1 only has decent knowledge in HTML and CSS. He has introductory to intermediate knowledge of Java, and very introductory knowledge of C.

Minion1 needs advice on what language(s) he can/should use, and what things he should look for on how to revoke Gods power over his minions, and possibly do a 180 and use Gods power against him. Any insight is helpful (unless it comes in the form of MoshBat's "Dont bother" replys). Minion1 is full willing to code by himself and learn everything that needs to be known.

Minion1 needs your help. Will you help him decide the fate over the other Minions? But Minion1 needs to be cautious, for if he is caught, he will be executed.

THE END

Yes, NetOp is a real program(Google) You see why the story was used.

Thanks for reading the story!

0 0

That was quite a decent story. I thank you for sharing it with us.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Is Minion1's computer running Deepfreeze or a variant with a similar effect?

0 0

Minion1's computer does not have deepfreeze. However, all desktop applications, updates, and etc. are run through Novell. (gags). According to Minion1, not only does Gods Land use Novell, but the other Lands with the other Gods also use Novell. Its a standard for "The world"

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Ah. Well, my school district in particular phased out Novell a couple of years ago in favor of Netbooting Linux and NFS mounts, so I'm not very familiar with it. Because of that, excuse me if my suggestion is just useless babbling here.

Could minion1 simply not uninstall NetOp locally with his system access? Something such as this would be quick and effective. Minion1 would then have more time to experiment and break some laws without worrying about whether or not God is watching.

For blocking Gods view of other minions, he would likely need to be talking to someone with a more in depth understanding of NetOp, assuming he doesn't have control over the other minion's machines. If he did, I'd imagine blocking incoming data on NetOp's ports would be fairly straightforward for minion1 to do.

0 0

Minion1 could use that uninstall thing as you pointed to. He'd like to comment that while that is a very nice find, and while very thankful, he'd also like to point out that all computers in Gods Land are running, so if one of Gods computers suddenly vanishes, he'll know something is up.

Also, Minion1 has tried many ways to gain access to other Minion's computers throughout the Land, but to no avail. (Would have to go into much more in depth on the Lands network for that I think, as Minion1 has taken pictures of school networks, etc. GUI versions that is) Simple things such as telnet and remote shutdown using the network paths do not work, even when typed correctly, which is unfortunate. If he had access, he would have taken root from not only The Lands server, but the Worlds as well.

And Minion1 has downloaded both the God and Minion versions of NetOp School 6, and just needs to install them on various machines on his home network to test around and etc.

If there is anymore insight or advice, it is welcome :D

Thanks.

EDIT:Spelling/Grammar

EDIT 2: Minion1 would also like to point this out.

Minion1 is under constant surveillance from God, simply because God has a clue that Minion1 is trying to get around the law. There is always a possibility that God is recording through NetOp, that he is watching NetOp, or that God can see his screen from his throne. Minion1's computer is in a bad spot, and he cannot move.

So if anything were to happen, it would have to happen extraordinarily fast. Such as coding a program to open CMD and type the syntax instantly, execute, and exit. All within milliseconds. Otherwise, Minion1 may be in danger of God bringing Minion1 before the SuperGods.

Finally, as a comment from myself, the author of that story needs to come up with better names next time for his next story >_> lol

Banned
0 0

wtf

Ninja Extreme
0 0

RedSixWhiskey wrote: Minion1 could use that uninstall thing as you pointed to. He'd like to comment that while that is a very nice find, and while very thankful, he'd also like to point out that all computers in Gods Land are running, so if one of Gods computers suddenly vanishes, he'll know something is up.

So you're not looking to block/remove his control, you're looking to spoof responses from machines all over the network? That's not an easy task. Spoofing responses is easy, but your going to need to have a really in-depth understanding of the application to do something like that.

So if anything were to happen, it would have to happen extraordinarily fast. Such as coding a program to open CMD and type the syntax instantly, execute, and exit. All within milliseconds. Otherwise, Minion1 may be in danger of God bringing Minion1 before the SuperGods.

I'm not going to go as far as to say that this isn't possible, because I'm sure there is some way to do it, but with your situation I don't think anyone here has knowledge specialized enough to provide much help. You're talking about a very complex and targeted attack here, and I think you're going to end up having to look at alternative methods of fucking with other people's school stuff.

@Spyware - Lol, it's all in good fun. ;)

0 0

I think that Minion1 could attempt this

Reboot into Safe Mode with Networking. Net Op never loads, Allows for an Open Internet connection & you can "Hide" from God

Or even this

Minion1 can disable the NetOp service in the services menu,

Grab the link to services from the control panel under administrative tools, copy it and open it at where ever the computer is. Look for the NetOp service and disable it. This will prevent God from seeing, or doing anything via NetOp to your computer. Even better Minion1 could try to tell his Computer to automaticly disable the NetOp Service at Boot-Up so that Minions everywhere could be free

Or this

Minion1 could create a Batch File that kills the service for NetOp and "accidentally" put it on all the computers in Gods Land (Making sure that this file runs at Startup). This would make God think that it is a Virus and not a hack.

I would recomend that Minion1 read a book some time called "Little Brother" By Cory Doctorow It may help him with overthrowing God

0 0

Dude, you're dealing with some pretty intense stuff.

~t0xik