Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Ways of cracking RAR

0 0

Hey all

I just wanted to know I have an RAR file which i made a long time ago but I lost my password… I tried using bruteforce on it but that takes far too long to crack… is there any other way of cracking my WINRAR file??

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

sycogrim wrote: I have an RAR file which i made a long time ago but I lost my password Riiiiight.

Retired
10 0

What research have you done on the subject?

If none, why should we waste our time to help you break into someone elses RAR?

Ninja Extreme
0 0

RARv3 files are encrypted with AES, so no, there is no known "shortcut" that can be taken to crack these files.

0 0

no seriously guys this is my original rar file that I stored a hack for earlier versions of my cracks for various programs and i was tired of people just taking them after all i did the hard work creating the cracks and now i seriously cannot remember the password… and no its not a film either :|

0 1

it must have been quite sometime since you last opened your file, so I can understand how you must've forgotten your password.

do you have a clue on what your password was? like how many characters was it, is it in mixed case, etc?

because if you have based your password on a normal word, you can get any wordlist and try using a dictionary attack against the file in question.

these are the only good freeware rar crackers I found so far:

http://www.brothersoft.com/rar-password-cracker-71660.html http://www.crark.net/

btw, we tend to be cynical around here because a good number of folk here tend to just post without much research, so don't think we hate you or anything.

0 0

Thanks Fuser yeh I completely understand, its just I try and backup my PC in the old school style and I leave the files sitting here for years on end without going in and seeing how much crap I actually have still lying around…

Hence finding my rar file as well as doing a little bit of spring cleaning and giving my PC some good breathing at the same time :)