Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

hiddenobject.multi.generic

0 0

HI!

Today i had a little chatwar with probably a low skilled wannabe. Writing people in Steam, they should click on the link and allow "run". After i scolded him a bit ( he called my mom a whore and dirty slut, because she didnt click run ) he promised, he would "fuck my system".

My mom visited the website so they got my IP. He also told me something about a "VIC-List"?

I keep my Kaspersky up-to-date.

1. What is "hiddenobject.multi.generic?

I googled hiddenobject.mutli.generic and i found it would be external in the IE temporary files, but only Kaspersky seems to detect it?

1. My Firewall is also active, but is it possible to "sneak" in through an open port or anything like that or execute any program without my permission or downloading something?

Sorry for any wrong interpretation of the situation.

Thanks in Advance

0 0

People aren't as leet as they claim on steam.

0 0

I know he's one of those many million 1337's. Just let Kaspersky scan the system, long time ago anyways, and it found this. On another site someone wrote he found 2 Trojans on his system after he got the message of the hiddenobject.multi.generic.

I also asked myself what that could do, as it's getting hid from the user, at least Kaspersky tells me. Always found in the Temporary IE folder.

Banned
0 0

yours31f wrote: If your wireless, disconnect from your network, then reconnect. That will reset your IP.

Wtf are you talking about?

0 0

spyware wrote: [quote]yours31f wrote: If your wireless, disconnect from your network, then reconnect. That will reset your IP.

Wtf are you talking about?[/quote]

I am assuming he meant that when you disconnect from the router then reconnect, you will reconnect with a different ip most of the time, since a lot of services offer dynamic ips over static ones unless your pay and or request a static ip.

0 0

I'm currently using a normal PC.

On my router " site " my IP is set to dynamic. I unplugged the Powercable of my modem and my router. After like 5 minutes I plugged both back in, but i still had the same IP as before o.O!

0 0

Your router must have been assigned a static IP by the ISP. I wouldn't really worry about it if I were you.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Froger wrote: [quote]spyware wrote: [quote]yours31f wrote: If your wireless, disconnect from your network, then reconnect. That will reset your IP.

Wtf are you talking about?[/quote]

I am assuming he meant that when you disconnect from the router then reconnect, you will reconnect with a different ip most of the time, since a lot of services offer dynamic ips over static ones unless your pay and or request a static ip.[/quote]

Spyware was just pointing out that what yours31f said would do virtually nothing, being that it doesn't alter your WAN I.P (as long as you're behind a router).

But, yeah, ghxst, it's probably nothing. If you have up-to-date software, don't worry about it. If he had a custom trojan, your anti-virus is not likely to pick it up anyways.

For your question 2, by the way, with just your I.P there is very little he can do. If you have no ports open on your router, there is nothing for him to attack, and hence nothing that can be done to affect you. The "firewall" you may have installed on your computer, like zonealarm for instance, is irrelevant here.

However, I'm assuming your mom didn't download and run that file? She did visit the website, you say, which could have found some new l33t browser exploit and exploited you, but the chances are very, very low. Especially for someone who sounds as intelligent as that guy does.