Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

PHP password problem

0 0

http://xcat.isgreat.org/Unnamed%20Site%204/accelgbook/accelgbook/admin/connect.php <<<<is the location of my site's guest book's password file. when i go there with the ftp manager using the password i can see the username and password in the source of connect.php

but when i go there using my browser i can't see anything in the source.it is empty(connect.php).how can this happen?(i currently don't know any php sorry)

0 0

silvercats wrote: http://xcat.isgreat.org/Unnamed%20Site%204/accelgbook/accelgbook/admin/connect.php <<<<is the location of my site's guest book's password file (i currently don't know any php sorry)

just so i understand you correctly, you say YOU have a site with an guestbook written in PHP and you do not understand any PHP what so fucking ever and the source of the guestbook's password"code"(called connect.php?) is gone?

it's probably me just being stupid, but do you mean that "connect.php" is the code that handles the login request or have you stored the actual login information in there(like user: hello password: something)?

0 0

Okay. What I understand of your problem is that when you connect to your site using FTP and see the source of that file, you can see you username and password but when you go to the URl through your browser and try to look in thee source(by right-click-See Source), you can see nothing.

If this is your problem, then the reason is that you store your password and username or whatever using PHP and since it is not a client-side language(it's a server-side language), it is not provided by the server to the client's PC. When you go to a URL and right click and select See Source or whatever, the Source that you see has been transferred from the Server to your PC(the client). Only the code in a client side language(if present) is transferred so that it can be parsed by the client. So, if you had stored your password and username in JAVAscript variables, you would be able to see them by going to the URL and then right click-See Source.

Btw, if it is your site and you have created the page -and- you say that you don't know any PHP, how did you write the code that stores the username and the password in the PHP variables. Agreed that is not very difficult, but still, you don't know any PHP, right?

0 0

there are templates available lol

0 0

and is there any way to view that php's stored passwords?we have to hack into the server to do that,right?

0 0

silvercats wrote: there are templates available lol So how do templates come in?

Anyway, to view those passwords, if you don't own the site, you have to hack it.

0 0

The only contents of a PHP file that you'll be able to see through a normal browser will be what it prints (and by prints, I mean using echo) to the screen.

No variables, no functions, not even comments… just what it outputs.

0 0

goluhaque ,if you google search for "free php guestbooks" you can find plenty of templates.i own the site,but i wanted to hack it for learning purposes.

0 0

silvercats wrote: goluhaque ,if you google search for "free php guestbooks" you can find plenty of templates.i own the site,but i wanted to hack it for learning purposes. Oh, I understand. You weren't clear earlier.

0 0

Ammmmm I think the problem is you don't know PHP! Check out W3Schools or Tizag for help learning it. The PHP Manual is good too.

0 0

ok i will :) thanks

0 0

I definitely suggest Tizag.com.

Also, you can edit your posts, Silvercats. To help keep from double posting.

0 0

Thanks fashizzpop,it is a nice site,i think i should stick to that site more often

0 0

who has posted shit,moshbat?

0 0

I know its frustrating Mosh, just keep your cool lol, smoke a blunt maybe.

0 0

you are acting like your dad is PHP ,moshbat.don't forget your past.if you do,you will have no future.you didn't know any php too.so stop thinking you are the best n don't act stupid from now on

0 0

<?php $str = "Moshbat"; print $str; print "<br />"; print "I am your father…"; ?>

lol I don't even know php.

0 0

:D :D

0 0

MoshBat wrote: Also, silver, what the hell did you say? Seriously? He said that you are a being conceived and manifested on earth by PHP itself. Also something about you being the best.

0 0

yeah i said it coz you called my post(the questions i asked) as shit just because you knew the answers to what i asked.i asked it coz i didn't know.any problem with that MOSHBAT?

0 0

@moshbat you have a point about googling.i agree i knows nothing.but no one force any one to post anything here!.specially you.YOU are wasting your time willingly.but others in this thread did it to help a noob.it is not wasting time like you have done.everyone better not to forget that that they were noobs too.and they may have received help form others.so normally they help others too.still no one forced you to waste your time by posting damn useless things in here moshbat.[as everyone can see mosh's posts were not useful to anyone(in this thread,i don't know about others) ].

0 0
Also, you can delete posts by editing them, and checking the &quot;delete&quot; box.```

thanks for the info.about that pissing out thing,they may were little proud about knowing things than a noob.so that is why they get pissed off.
or because i don&#39;t know things, i may have acted stupid. :p

0 0

silvercats' posts bring up a point here that I'd like to address, namely the argument from new people you hear countless times, the "remember how it was for you when you started out, there was a time you didn't know anything either" and all its variations.

I'd just like to say that bringing that argument up as a defense to asking what others perceive as stupid questions, is a very bad idea. The reason for this is that it's based on a faulty, presumptuous premise. The reason many of us flame, get annoyed and essentially think many of these basic questions are stupid is exactly because we do remember how we started. Many, and I really mean many, of us did not ask questions, but rather sat down and did a lot of research on our own and carefully read up on anything we had to read up on. We read, tested, drew conclusions and learnt by our very own efforts and only very, very occasionally asked questions when we were really, truly stuck with something. So in all honesty, telling someone to remember how they knew nothing, is honestly not an argument in your favour.

Admin from hell
0 0

That's about enough of this shit again.