Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

WEP cracking

0 0

there is a WEP encrypted network visible in my network list.i'm using a dell laptop with a dell wireless mini card.and windows vista.many packet capturing softwares says wirless card doesn't support for packet capturing.and wanted driver doesn't support this card.i have tried many softwares,all the same.is there any way to solve this?if i use ubuntu(and backtrack or can n able) will i be able to capture packets?even i cannot by windows

0 0

silvercats wrote: there is a WEP encrypted network visible in my network list.i'm using a dell laptop with a dell wireless mini card.and windows vista.many packet capturing softwares says wirless card doesn't support for packet capturing.and wanted driver doesn't support this card.i have tried many softwares,all the same.is there any way to solve this?if i use ubuntu(and backtrack or can n able) will i be able to capture packets?even i cannot by windows

Oh ffs. Yes you can always sniff your packets if you got administrator rights and are online. If you are using a dell laptop, then no. You probably cannot crack WEP or any other secured wireless networks.

0 0

Just because my dell wireless mini card?or vista is the problem?

0 0

Your dell card is the reason. WinPCap is the driver you need by the way. And BackTrack is the best method for cracking WEP's, in my opinion anyway. I've been using BackTrack for a long time now and have no problems.

0 0

ok i will try that too moshbat :p ,thanks

0 0

If i use backtrack with the same laptop ,would i be able to get rid of this problem?

Ninja Extreme
0 0

silvercats wrote: If i use backtrack with the same laptop ,would i be able to get rid of this problem?

Okay, hereā€¦. I can't even send you a lmgtfy link, because the question you just asked has already been asked (by you!) and answered. Why are you asking the same question twice?

I understand english is not your native language, and you obviously don't appear too bright, so how about you come back when you have gotten a better grasp of english and re-read the thread?

0 0

ok,what will be the clear answer then? :p i will consider that too