Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Trying To Override Basic Windows Executables

0 0

Most viruses override windows executables so they cant be detected by just browsing the proccesses on the taskmanager. Example wuauclt.exe (Windows Update) What method is used to do this? How can i do this?

0 0

After reading what Moshbat posted (Thank you for your reply) trying to hide the proccess may irritate antivirus sences :p which is not good. On the other hand, naming the executable like "Windows Update Manager" may give to my program a more innocent form. Can you name other windows based executables names?

0 0

Check out rootkit.com

0 1

If I recall, there's an old issue of hakin9 that covered this topic showing how it can be done. I can't remember the issue number, but if I recall correctly it also has tutorials on WiFi cracking and RFI/LFI, I think it must've been over a year old now.

ah, here's the issue: http://hakin9.org/magazine/580-no-backdoor-try-opening-the-windows

10 0

It is much worse than that! If the virus only override windows executables would be great! For example, you look at windows update and disables this shit [is much more constructive track updates and download only what you need is, we learned a lot about new vulnerabilities;)] Worse is when they are loaded as services SVCHOST! It is loaded with privileges of the system … And with the taskmanager you never know about anything! :o The only way to know about what is happening on the machine is using:

1 - CMD.exe 2 - Type Tasklist / SVC

He'll show you all the services that are being loaded on SVCHOST! It is also very good for refining the system configuration!

Still I'll write some articles about windows! :ninja:

RootsBabilonia