Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

0 0

Is tor any better than other proxies or is it just hype?

Banned
0 0

I recommend -not- using it if you're serious about your proxy'ing needs. I advocate the use of SSH and chain-proxy'ing.

Really depends on why you need a proxy though.

0 0

There are loads of reasons tor isn't secure, but I would actually recommend it, I can't see a better way of a stably surfing anonymously.

Just make sure you know of it's limitations, I'd quailify that statement above with this, it's not insecure people just take it's security for granted. Especially realise that someone will be watching your data pass through. Finding out it's headed to/coming from your is a different matter. There are also ways to find out who someone is due how it's implememnted. For example a tor button wont force everything to use tor, recently someone showed they could get flash to phone home the ip outside of tor.

0 0

TOR isn't the solution to all of your privacy concerns. It is however a major part of my overall privacy strategy.

0 0

Sabrewulf wrote: TOR isn't the solution to all of your privacy concerns. It is however a major part of my overall privacy strategy. You should expand more.

And it's slow as fuck.

0 0

I've started using the googlesharing proxy add-on for Firefox, to help with some of my anonymity concerns. It doesn't proxy all your traffic, but simply makes your un-authenticated google requests anonymous (e.g. search, maps, images.) This isn't going to help you if you're trying to stay anonymous from the owner of a specific website, but if you don't like google being all big-brother, it's definitely a start.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/60333 http://www.googlesharing.net/

I've actually gone as far as to set-up my own GSProxy server, but you definitely don't have to do that much. The FF add-on comes with one already in the config.

0 0

Dont mean to necro the thread, but I figured its better then making a new thread for a little question. Are you guys banning Tor nodes? When I try to use tor here Im logged out right away or may make it a page or two before i'm logged out..?(yes, cookies are enabled) At first I thought it may be banned ip's due to attempted ddos', but it is like every tor exit node. Is there any chance at unbanning the tor nodes? Not trying to stir shit up just value the info here and get sick of looking around for proxys.

0 0

b0r15 wrote: Dont mean to necro the thread, but I figured its better then making a new thread for a little question. Are you guys banning Tor nodes? When I try to use tor here Im logged out right away or may make it a page or two before i'm logged out..?(yes, cookies are enabled) At first I thought it may be banned ip's due to attempted ddos', but it is like every tor exit node. Is there any chance at unbanning the tor nodes? Not trying to stir shit up just value the info here and get sick of looking around for proxys.

If you come here from a banned IP, you'll know. Tor switches paths every 10 minutes or so if I recall right, HBH checks for IP as well as cookies, you can probably add 2 and 2 now and figure out what's happening. Oh and some IPs from Tor are banned, but as said, you'll know once you stumble upon it.

0 0

If you click remember me and have the cookies most sites will fallow through tor's ip cycling. For some reason im having no luck. Oh well, I already got a proxy list from a friend and that will do. I was just being lazy.