Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Out of Curiosity...

755 14

forgive spelling. just your normal ping -t 'attack' on a game server. how many computers are we talking about to take it out? like are we talking 10? 1000? 10,000?

755 14

yeh i get that… it is a bit of a 'how long is a piece of string type argument…' i was thinking more along the lines of one of those stupid annoying virus's that spread really fast… lots of over kill i know… just thought it would be interesting just to see how many it took… is there any other ways of messing with game servers other than in game 'haxs'?

755 14

you dont have to but i would be most interested.

0 0

I doubt that anyone will teach you how to kill a game server for several reasons.

1. There is no sense in it
  2. since when did ping -t get normal?
  3. You live in Australia

Scan the ip, look what services it runs. Find out more about that service and finally; learn how to use the weaknesses in those system and then do it.

And just for the record, read our forum rules and apply to them.

755 14

Australia is seriously THE best country in the world don't knock it.

SET

Peumonoultramicroscopicsilico
0 0

game server crashing….

First a reason why ping wont work. Windows sends a max packet size of 65,500 but a computer can still handle 65,535 long packets. A ping of death was a 65,536 packet…Which normally a OS would reject but send t fragmented it would create a buffer overflow.

But just to have fun its really simple math. a dedicated game server well differ in speed depending on country so i will assume USA average is 5MB Download 2MB up so lets say the game runs a average of 30Kb a sec and there is 30 users

30kb x 30 user = 900kb 4100kb left over 4100/65.5kb = 62.59 round up

So 63 computers and to tie it up you would need 5000kb / 65.5kb =76.33 round up

77 Computers to kill a 5mb bandwidth

0 0

MoshBat wrote: He's mentioned nothing of his target, plus, it's fine to just assume he won't succeed, and he's simply just curious. Of course, we're all pretty sure he's trying to fuck something for no reason.

And as we are pretty sure about it i think it would count anyway..

EDIT: This is what i have to say about Australia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c21qNyeb0kY

0 0

ping :>, cute.

KvK

0 0

@OP: There was a presentation at DEFCON17 about something along these lines. If you're curious, here's a link to the presentation.

~Fragging Game Servers https://media.defcon.org/dc-17/video /DEFCON%2017%20Hacking%20Conference%20Presentation%20By%20Bruc e%20Potter%20and%20Logan%20Lodge%20-%20Fragging%20Game%20S ervers%20-%20Video%20and%20Slides.m4v

Admin from hell
0 0

MoshBat wrote: Of course, we're all pretty sure he's trying to fuck something for no reason.

I think so also, end of discussion.

Locked.