Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Keylogger

0 0

I know key loggers are mostly used by Skids… but I need one for a one-time operation… I need a key logger that records key strokes(obviously) and sends its logs to my email account… tried a lot but most on the web are too old and non-functioning.. and the one I tried to make cant get past anti-viruses or send emails….

The Manager
0 0

Just a word of advise, stop trying ;)

99% of all keyloggers that work the way you want them to will be caught, as anti-virus/anti-malware programs are made to recognize this type of program.

You have a few options, drop it, learn more, keep trying/failing.

0 0

None of the following are actually answers, but are more thoughts/ideas:

You could attempt to obfuscate the keylogger in a similar manner as other malware programs do. Then you would have to deal with hiding the network traffic from the AV as well.

What about a hardware keylogger?

A driver/rootkit keylogger? Then you could just write a small program to encrypt the data and periodically send it to your email.

Is e-mailing it to yourself really the best option of retrieving the logs?

0 0

i used advanced key logger a couple times and it worked great, nod,norton,malwares, none of these found it when i tested it, also emails results to you may be what you are looking for

Ninja Extreme
0 0

If you have physical access to the machine, this is a amazing tool that can't be caught by any AV and will capture ALL keyboard presses, regardless of what state the machine is in. (Well, obviously as long as it has power).

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/security/c49f/?cpg=ab

Used it a few times, and it doesn't get much easier than this.

0 0

stealth- wrote: If you have physical access to the machine, this is a amazing tool that can't be caught by any AV and will capture ALL keyboard presses, regardless of what state the machine is in. (Well, obviously as long as it has power).

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/security/c49f/?cpg=ab

Used it a few times, and it doesn't get much easier than this.

Agreed. Nothing beats a hardware keylogger if you have physical access. If you don't have physical access, but you do manage to remote access, why not install something a bit more nefarious? Something that could hide the activities of said keylogger perhaps? I've also used the same exact hardware keylogger stealth is referencing with great results as well.

Sidenote: If I ever go bankrupt it will be because I can't stop buying things from thinkgeek.com

0 0

Here's one I've used several times: http://www.brothersoft.com/ardamax-keylogger-lite-23476.html

This is a 7 day free version but if you save the setup.exe then uninstall the program after the 7 days, you can simply reinstall it. Anti-virus will pick it up so you'll have to turn it off briefly while you use it. The only thing the free or 'lite' version won't do is email the logs to you but if you purchase the full version it will. The lite version will take screen shots every 10 mins or whatever time you set it to and save those to a log as well. You can also enable password mode so if someone does happen to come across it they still can't view the logs.

0 0

haha, this may not be the best option… just steal the whole computer! then power it up and get to finding!!! I'm not sure if there is currently a free remote keylogger out there. Best bet is via physical access. good luck ;)

0 0

TheMonitor wrote: haha, this may not be the best option… just steal the whole computer! then power it up and get to finding!!! I'm not sure if there is currently a free remote keylogger out there. Best bet is via physical access. good luck ;)

C is free.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

f16e7 wrote: [quote]TheMonitor wrote: haha, this may not be the best option… just steal the whole computer! then power it up and get to finding!!! I'm not sure if there is currently a free remote keylogger out there. Best bet is via physical access. good luck ;)

C is free.[/quote]

Yes, when it comes to things like this, if hardware access is unavailable, it's completely skiddieish to not write your own program.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

MoshBat wrote: [quote]stealth- wrote: [quote]f16e7 wrote: [quote]TheMonitor wrote: haha, this may not be the best option… just steal the whole computer! then power it up and get to finding!!! I'm not sure if there is currently a free remote keylogger out there. Best bet is via physical access. good luck ;)

C is free.[/quote]

Yes, when it comes to things like this, if hardware access is unavailable, it's completely skiddieish to not write your own program.[/quote] … Or to steal code.[/quote]

Doesn't stealing code fall under the catagory of 'not writing your own program'? :P

0 0

haha, i know exactley what you mean. Some dude in school came up asking to review code "he wrote". Then, upon opening the .txt file BINGO!!! it had came from the forums of…hbh. that was pretty funny. Heres the link:

http://www.hellboundhackers.org/code/paint-program-1277_cplusplus.html

if you can't write your own code, at least give it the respect to try… :xx:

0 0

I have a key logger that's as of now undetected by most AV's..I'm trying to make it send emails(just started learning network programming in C)…Its gonna take some time…but its no prob..I got a little impatient and tried to attack the pass jlt…It actually worked…. the dude had just put in the default pass of the router in leetspeak.Thanks for your Ideas though…

0 0

The reason software keyloggers don't work well is because av's don't detect the file so much as what it's doing. Which means generic definitions can be used.

That hardware one looks epic though. Wonder how hard it'd be to make one yourself. That would erase any skiddie concerns you had :)

0 0

MoshBat wrote: You'd need a good understanding of electronics and Binary, coupled with materials and tools. Good luck. You might as well just buy a hardware keylogger, not that expensive.

It does need thoses, but most people here I would imagine have that.

Ignoring the need for an easy way to dump the memory. You could use a pic everyone has a 16f84 somewhere and it's easy enough to interface that with an eprom ( it only has 64bytes on board), but the 64bytes would be good enough for a test. It could simply record all the trransmissions then replay them simulating a keyboard into notepad or something when you push a button.

Just monitor the data pin, from the PS2 allowing it to pass through all the pins.

http://www.computer-engineering.org/ps2protocol/ This site seems to have a description and shows the letter q being sent throught he keyboard.

I guess it may actually be more complex than that but it doesn't seem impossible.

Edit: This project shows how easy it is to make a quiet sophisticated hardware key logger.

http://www.keelog.com/diy.html

Might be a touch expensive if you don't have a programmer soldering iron and the spare resistors caps.

If you're really worried about being a "skiddie", which personally I wouldn't care less about then do this. If like me, it doesn't bother you then buy the premade one :)

0 0

If I remember right.. one of the common sites that sells hardware keyloggers also sells a 'kit' to make your own with instructions etc.

I'm not entirely sure which, or even if it still does.. I just remember I was going to do this a few years back.. I'll have a quick look and see if I can find it to post a link, though.

[Edit] Not the one I was talking about.. but I did find this DIY Keylogger

0 0

MoshBat wrote: Most people don't have any knowledge at all of any kind of electronics.

You're being an idi-, no, you're being like -most people-.