Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Internet Explorer address bar / Javascript question

0 0

I am trying to fill out a form automatically using javascript, however there are too many characters to fit in one time on the address bar.

So my question is this..

Is there a way to insert for example

markupjavascript:document.getElementById('id').value='somevalue';javascript...

without doing markupjavascript:document.forms[0].submit() at the end

or is there a way to increase the number of characters I can enter into address bar.

I only want to submit my form 1 time with all the data present.

Edit: Im using AutoHotKey and the COM library to run IE inside of the gui. If I copy my long list of js into the clipboard I can paste it into an IE window thats open just to test it and it does work from there so perhaps the character length is limited outside of there?

0 0

Well after further debugging its not a fault of IE at all. Just that autohotkey as a limit to the size of strings.. when too long my strlen = 0.

However I did get around it and was able to break up my js into multiple submits without the page refreshing, cheers.

As an added tidbit. Looking around somewhere I saw IE address bar max length was 2000ish and FF was 65000ish (not sure how acurate that is but hey). Both were way longer then my string so decided it wasnt that and investigated til I realized it was AHK's String size.