Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Finished All Rooting Chall(s) - But Remote Access

0 0

Hey Guys, I Just Finished all The Rooting Challenges withing the last Few hours and i had Fun doing it. But something concerns me…

In the Last Challenge, My task was to Grab the SAM Hash and Crack it, If this was a real Life Situation. and i Grabbed the hash and cracked it.

Is it actually Possible to Remotely Access the box with a Login Prompt, and enter the Username and password from the Cracked hash?

I know this is possible In a LAN, and its possible to Do it remotely Via SSH/Telnet etc etc.

But would i be able to access it with a program With the Requires Username and password?

I Thought maybe VNC, would work, But ive Not Used it before.

Thanks Guys. Zubb.

0 0

Zubb22 wrote: Hey Guys, I Just Finished all The Rooting Challenges withing the last Few hours and i had Fun doing it. But something concerns me…

In the Last Challenge, My task was to Grab the SAM Hash and Crack it, If this was a real Life Situation. and i Grabbed the hash and cracked it.

Is it actually Possible to Remotely Access the box with a Login Prompt, and enter the Username and password from the Cracked hash?

I know this is possible In a LAN, and its possible to Do it remotely Via SSH/Telnet etc etc.

But would i be able to access it with a program With the Requires Username and password?

I Thought maybe VNC, would work, But ive Not Used it before.

Thanks Guys. Zubb.

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

You could as well use the default windows (providing you are on winds) utility "Remote Desktop Connection", which is default vnc application for windows. However it all dependes on many different things, router, firewall, and also remote desktop may be disabled