Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

IT or CS DEGREE

0 0

Hello everyone, I am trying to decide what degree I want to go to college for, and I was hoping you all could help me. My question is, what would be better for me, a Bachelors in Computer Science, or in IT Security? What are some advantages to each, and how would they benefit me in the future? Please help me, and thank you for taking the time to read this.

Banned
0 0

What do you want to do after studying?

0 0

I'm wrapping up the first year in Computer Science, so my opinion would probably be angled. :P

But are you interested in computer security or just computers in general?

0 0

My overall goal is to start a computer business creating software solutions for businesses, and to support the cause of open-source software I would like to offer tools to help the IT Community. But I think that the best thing for me to start with would be software engineering. But I've looked at some of the course catalogs for a few universities, and the curriculum seemed "watered down". I mean way to basic, stuff that I wouldn't have to even learn, so I thought that maybe with an IT Security degree, I would be learning about software design, while still learning new stuff about Information Technology. And in response to c4p's question, I am interested primarily in IT Security at the moment, since I've been programming for quite some time, and wanted to learn something new.

0 0

I think Im gonna go for IT Security, cause the curriculum for every Computer Science major is to basic, and I want to learn something new. Any ideas on colleges that I could go to for that? Online or on Campus, but I need one that I could start at this fall. Thanks guys.

0 0

I'd say campus. Otherwise your missing out a great part of your life.