Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

question about router

0 0

A computer, or a network behind a adsl well configured router is 100% secure? I mean even if I install netcat on a machine with local address X listening to port Y is it possible to remotely connect unless that port Y is forwarded? My guess is no.

Something irrelevant, well not completely :P, I would like to see a 'history of an attack'. I mean an article maybe, describing how you hacked into a box, or anything similar… A matter is whenever this article should be specific about everything. I think that a 'history of an attack' should focus on the point, which is to show to newbies like me ways of thinking, not a help for script kiddies

If you have material about router hacking kindly give me some links! :)

PS. English is not my mother language, sorry for any mistakes And I know that almost 95% of internet users have default accounts on their routers! admin-admin

Banned
0 0

F1L0s0F3R_gr wrote: A computer, or a network behind a adsl well configured router is 100% secure? I mean even if I install netcat on a machine with local address X listening to port Y is it possible to remotely connect unless that port Y is forwarded? My guess is no.

Probably not. 100% secure is nothing, though.

F1L0s0F3R_gr wrote: Something irrelevant, well not completely :P, I would like to see a 'history of an attack'. I mean an article maybe, describing how you hacked into a box, or anything similar… A matter is whenever this article should be specific about everything. I think that a 'history of an attack' should focus on the point, which is to show to newbies like me ways of thinking, not a help for script kiddies

Hackers don't really publish tales of grandeur, telling stories by the campfire and stuff like that. You're best off visiting blogs/fora focused on programming/hacking/geeky stuff and follow some hyperlinks. Blog posts can reveal a LOT of inside info if you lurk well.

F1L0s0F3R_gr wrote: If you have material about router hacking kindly give me some links! :)

Highly dependant on the brand of router you attempt to hack. Most of the time it's just messing around with embedded linux in routers ( Sweex LB000021 for example), sometimes reverse engineering firmware (patches). A lot of routers are highly configurable if you telnet into them.

F1L0s0F3R_gr wrote: PS. English is not my mother language, sorry for any mistakes And I know that almost 95% of internet users have default accounts on their routers! admin-admin

Your english wasn't that bad. Anyway, you can leave out stuff like default passwords next time, people here know that already ;). Anyway, good luck.

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

F1L0s0F3R_gr wrote: A computer, or a network behind a adsl well configured router is 100% secure? I mean even if I install netcat on a machine with local address X listening to port Y is it possible to remotely connect unless that port Y is forwarded? My guess is no.

Look above:)

That's where Reverse connections and SE comes into play ….

Btw sometimes it's only matter of connecting to the router and playing around with the web based interface, sometimes it's unbelievable how easy their security measures can be bypassed