Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Where to start?

0 0

I've been on this site for a little while now. I randomly got an interest in hacking so I asked a friend of mine to teach me some stuff. He showed me this site, and I sort of came. So then I started doing some challenges and learning bits and pieces of web hacking. And then I started looking at the forums and the articles and I realized the passion you guys have for computers.

Then I couldn't sleep one night, because I kept thinking about all the possible ways to complete a certain challenge and stayed up all night trying to figure it out. And I loved it. I think it was basic 7 or 8. But my point is I loved it.

I know its a noobie challenge, but we all have to start somewhere. I really have no idea where to start. I've looked around and most people say programming languages like Perl and C++ are good. Should I take actually classes in these things? Or should I just figure out using Google?

I've been using tutorials on w3schools, but I've come to realize that scripting isn't even the half of it.

Along with your advice, I could certainly use friendship. :D

Banned
0 0

Programming would be a very good way to "open" a few "worlds". You don't need to take any classes to learn how to program. Actually, virtually all good programmers are self-taught.

If you are completely new to programming I suggest picking up an "easy" language first. After you've learned about HTML, CSS and basic Javascript, try out either PHP or Perl. You also might want to read up on your Linux and try installing a distro or two. (hint: don't stop at Ubuntu).

Other than that, just browse the web, post in fora and do your research.

0 0

Basically what spyware said. I think it's best to learn a language by experimenting with it on your own. But some people might like classes to get into it quickly I guess.

0 0

sharline23 wrote: Should I take actually classes in these things? Or should I just figure out using Google?

You can learn just as much with Google as you can with classes, if not more. I'd use Google were I you, however some people may find it much easier to learn by taking formal classes….

You mentioned C++, so you're apparently interested in it…

Http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/ is full of nice tutorials on C++…

For Perl, this site appears to have many tutorials www.PerlMonks.org http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node=Tutorials#Getting-Started-with-Perl

Hopes this helped a little with the programming languages….

0 0

i had came across this question a lot of time "Where to start?" and the answer is "start from programming". i would like to go some what further and would like to ask "what after i had learned some programming?" "what should be my next step?"

0 0

yes, as said spy, programming is a good starting point… try an easy prog language first, then when you know basic things like pointers, sockets, etc.. change language and get it yours… And yes, you can install a linux distro but is not really necessary, i know people that hack perfectly with windows… Anyway, if you need help feel free to pm me or to other members, we are here to help…

0 0

Thanks alot everyone. Its relieving to know I dont have to take a class. Your help and future help that I will most likely need is much appreciated.

I'm definitly going to have a lot of questions.

0 0

sharline23 wrote: I'm definitly going to have a lot of questions.

If not stupid questions, this is an excellent approach…

0 0

Well, I have to be honest, some of the questions may be no brainers to you guys. Hence being stupid to you, but not to me.