Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Email Forging Problem

0 0

I have been having some trouble when forging emails to my self. I have been using a smtp server set up on my computer. I am running windows xp as my os. My problem is that when I send the email, the person that receives it, me, it says that the sender is unknown. Here is a list of what happens. Bold is what I type.

220 Welcom To QK SMTP Server 3 helo yahoo.com 250 Hello yahoo.com mail from: test@yahoo.com 250 test@yahoo.com Address Ok rcpt to: underwatergames@gmail.com 250 underwatergames@gmail.com Address Ok data 354 Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF> **SUBJECT: Test Hello Thishacker1, This is a test.

.** 250 Ok

When it shows that, it means the message is sent.

When I check my inbox, it shows 1 new message from unknown sender. It shows the message and subject just fine. Does anyone know how I can fix the problem?

0 1

if you have a smtp server on your pc, download and install apache and php.

EasyPHP etc..

you'll then be able to modify the headers easier using a php script.

the reason it is coming as unknown is because by sending it the way you are doing, you are not including sufficent headers.

you'll need all sorts of headers to successfully send a valid email, such as: From / Reply-To / X-Sender / etc

my vote is use a php script to make like far simpler :)

0 0

Thanks, I am testing now to see if it works.

0 0

There are far more easier way to spoof an email but that only goes ok if you're sending it to someone that doesn't know how to trace or really confirm an email. But i really doubt that you can spoof an email THAT good that someone with decent knowledge can't figure out that it's fake. But hey, if you're planning on sending it to "average" computer users, bare in mind that the user will reply to the email and get a response.

EDIT: spoon –> spoof