Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

HONEYPOTS

0 0

hello friends reason behind these thread is to spread awareness about honeypot. i want all of u to please share as much knowledge u r having on honeypot as possible.

def of honeypot: A honeypot is security resource whose value lies in being probed, attacked, or compromised.

This means that whatever we designate as a honeypot, our expectations and goals are to have the system probed, attacked, and potentially exploited. It does not matter what the resource is (a router, scripts running emulated services, a jail, an actual production system). What does matter is that the resource's value lies in its being attacked. If the system is never probed or attacked, then it has little or no value. This is the exact opposite of most production systems, which you do not want to be probed or attacked.

honepots are giving a real headache to hackers so i need help to spread awareness about honeypots and so requesting all of u to share technical knowledge about honeypots:p

Satan > God
0 0

i got a file with a mass amount of fake emails in on my site ^^

thats kinda a honeypot for those email scanner things :)

been read a few times to… dont know by who.

0 0

K3174N 420 wrote: i got a file with a mass amount of fake emails in on my site ^^

thats kinda a honeypot for those email scanner things :)

Umm… what? If you're not studying the behavior of those that you "lure", it's not a honeypot… just a prank list.

To the OP, this link will do better for your research: SecurityFocus.org Honeypot Mailing List (Take out the <em> bit splitting description in the link.)

"Spreading awareness" is a nice fancy way of saying "milking everyone's brains", though. Grats on that.

0 0

guys please take it seriously hasnt anyone come across a honeypot yet if not u will be…… u should be prepared to tackle with honeypots

SO PLEASE SHARE WHATEVER U R KNOWING ABOUT HONEYPOTS:p

☆ Lucifer ☆
3,050 6

harry_potter28 wrote: guys please take it seriously hasnt anyone come across a honeypot yet if not u will be…… u should be prepared to tackle with honeypots

The thing here is when you do come across a "Honeypot" from a google search or whatever , and you click a link or try to do anything at all , it usually clearly displays a message saying exactly what that page is ….. "This is the honey pot…etc " I think everyone here must have seen one at some time or other , and you just close the window and move on , thats the best way to "tackle" them.

0 0

rex_mundi wrote: just close the window and move on , thats the best way to "tackle" them. Well said; it's not like you have to destroy a honey pot if you find one :angry: