Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

root@Alpha.Oddities
0 0

Ok so now that school is in i don't have enough time to get on the internet and read all night i was wondering if anyone had any good books on either hacking, programming, exploits, DOS, cryptology *NIX, etc.

So for i got:

A Complete Hackers Handbook by Dr. K––deals with rooting mostly Hacking: The Art of Exploitation by Jon Erickson—–not sure yet, about to start reading The Code Book: The Science of Secrecy from Ancient Egypt to Quantum Cryptology by Simon Singh—–self-explanatory

Thanks in advanced

Retired
10 0

I'm not sure of any more but that last one is a very good read.

Banned
0 0

Go to any random torrent site, search for "hacking book", or something similar, and grab a big package.

0 0

DeafCode wrote: Hacking: The Art of Exploitation by Jon Erickson—–not sure yet, about to start reading

Damn good book. Also, check out "Web Application Hacker's Handbook"; it's an awesome read for those seeking to progress past simple SQL injects and basic web exploitation knowledge.

One of the best Linux books I've ever read has to be "Linux Complete"; though it may be outdated somewhat or incomplete depending on your distro, it provides a solid and thorough foundation for you to expand upon in the *nix world.

Finally, I agree with spy… Hop on a torrent search and look for "computer ebooks". You'll find more than enough to tide you over for a good long while.

0 0

I am at school right now and I am reading

"The Craft Of System Security" by Sean Smith & John Marchesini (I am only a couple chapters in and I am loving it so far :D)

When I get home I can list many more but right now I can't think of all the books I have.

0 0

The art of deception - Kevin Mitnick

Any of the lastest hacking exposed books

Unofficial guide to ethical hacking covers web hacking, scripts etc

depends what you want really

i made the same mistake as you when i got into 'hacking' iv got books like the 'Hackers Handbook' and they are not what you want.

To hack something you need to understand how it works. so get books about networking and web programming, get a sound knowledge and pick things up from there

root@Alpha.Oddities
0 0

the, "Hacking: The art of exploitation by Jon Erickson" is good. It's not like the other hacker handbooks it starts off teaching you C scripting and leaves nothing out. It even explained Pseudo code. So far i'm in a few sections but it seems extremely good. Zephyr Pure was right.

0 0

I think if you shared a goal, that would make it a bit easier to recommend resources. Sometimes a book isn't what you need to learn a subject… Book recommendations aren't going to teach you where the information is distributed either (how to find information).

I've read The Code Book – it's a non-technical/mathematical introduction to cryptography. It also seemed a little bit chatty/boring at times, but it was ok. I thought Malicious Cryptography: Exposing Cryptovirology was good. It's an introduction book also, but for little bit of a higher level.

0 0

The Art of Deception, by Kevin Mitnick… < http://www.mitnicksecurity.com/ The Art of Intrusion, also by Kevin Mitnick..

The Unofficial Guide to Ethical Hacking, by Ankit Fadia. That is a little out of date… mainly focusing on WIN05/98 machines… But still, was a nice read…

Hack the Stack, I do not remember who this was by… but it had some nice stuff in it.. including some hardware hacks.. For some reason, I don't see those too often… :(

C++… By some other guy, whose name I forgot.. But it had a LOT of code and help for C++.. :D

Microsoft Visual Basic Game Programming for Teens, by Micheal S. Harbour.. but it was a little too friendly.. and assumed I knew nothing,… :(

Computer forensics is always fun.. Tons of books out there on it… :)

There are like thousands more I could name… But I'll just stop here. :D

0 0

maug wrote: I think if you shared a goal, that would make it a bit easier to recommend resources. Sometimes a book isn't what you need to learn a subject… Book recommendations aren't going to teach you where the information is distributed either (how to find information).

He did state a couple focus subjects, but a goal would've been more effective, agreed.

I've read The Code Book – it's a non-technical/mathematical introduction to cryptography. It also seemed a little bit chatty/boring at times, but it was ok. I thought Malicious Cryptography: Exposing Cryptovirology was good. It's an introduction book also, but for little bit of a higher level. I've seen that one before… will definitely have to check it out once I finish the ones I have thus far (in case that ever happens).

DeafCode wrote: Zephyr Pure was right. Thank you… glad we can agree on something now. :)

Night_Stalker wrote: The Art of Deception, by Kevin Mitnick… The Art of Intrusion, also by Kevin Mitnick.. The Unofficial Guide to Ethical Hacking, by Ankit Fadia. Hack the Stack

Some are stereotypical, but okay, we can roll with those… Also, wasn't "Hack the Stack" actually "Smash the Stack for Fun and Profit", or was there actually a "Hack the Stack" book?

C++… By some other guy, whose name I forgot.. But it had a LOT of code and help for C++.. :D

Microsoft Visual Basic Game Programming for Teens, by Micheal S. Harbour.. but it was a little too friendly.. and assumed I knew nothing,… :(

A book named C++… about C++. Hmm, imagine that. Second book in that quote immediately makes me think "what the hell"; there are better VB books for those seeking to learn things other than game programming.

There are like thousands more I could name… But I'll just stop here. :D Not a bad idea.