Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

School Admin Rights

0 0

I am not good with naming threads but anyway…..

I magically figured out how to make a administrator account on a computer only and it's not really a accomplishment in anyway, I know. Now the school has a proxy server that connects you to the internet. I know the address of the server but you need to have a account in it (So I have admin rights of the computer but no internet access right now) which I have but its just a student account and everything is blocked. That is my motivation. I just want to be able to access websites like history.com (It's blocked for history…. wtf?) and sparknotes.

I have no meaning on anything malicious I am not like that (nor I know a lot to do anything like that). I hate people who abuse there power anyway.

I have a awesome teacher who claims if I can do it that he will give me a "A" for the rest of the year and back me up if anything happens oddly enough. It's crap but eh get on a teachers good side you know.

I have tried connecting with internet with the Windows tool but I think the closest house is about 1/2 a mile away and I think they put something in the building to prevent that. Also they use a the Block called Bess.

So really all I ask for is a push or a tip what I should do to find out how to get into that server and make myself or another account a admin. It's not in a greedy nature though. Its more for learning in my case.

Thanks ahead of time:)

0 0

Local admin privileges are just that… local admin. You could try using the local admin pass on the server account; that mistake happens a lot in school networks. Other than that, you need to manipulate the functionality you have on that machine.

crayzzgoalee wrote: Now the school has a proxy server that connects you to the internet. I know the address of the server but you need to have a account in it (So I have admin rights of the computer but no internet access right now) which I have but its just a student account and everything is blocked.

Most likely, the proxy is configured in the browser. It's very rare that a proxy is used as a transparent proxy just inside the gateway of the network, even though this is good practice for exactly this reason. Check your Internet Settings (since you have local Admin). Try the hidden shares for Windows Server (C$, IPC$, a few others) and just… explore.

0 0

alright I never thought about looking there. Looks like I would need more then 40 minutes a day then. I will try that out tomorrow.

Retired
10 0

crayzzgoalee wrote: I magically figured out how to make a administrator account on a computer only and it's not really a accomplishment in anyway, I just want to be able to access websites like history.com and sparknotes.

I hate people who abuse there power anyway.

Am I the only one who see's the irony here?

Anyways, From what I have seen, this "teacher" is he a tech teacher? If he is, and he is cool ask him about the proxy. Most of the techs have this info. Usually,

0 0

Yea he is somewhat a tech teacher. Its a class of building robots and other crap with lasers:o but I think he teaches other classes with computers. I will ask.

Retired
10 0

yeah, They tend to get more Info and rights then the other teachers.

0 0

crayzzgoalee wrote: I have a awesome teacher who claims if I can do it that he will give me a "A" for the rest of the year and back me up if anything happens oddly enough. It's crap but eh get on a teachers good side you know.

Get that in writing if you use Zephyr's approach.

0 0

IF your requirements are as simple as browsing through sites blocked by your local proxy policy, perhaps have a look at "Use Google Translate as a Proxy"

10 0

deadbug wrote: IF your requirements are as simple as browsing through sites blocked by your local proxy policy, perhaps have a look at "Use Google Translate as a Proxy"

Said 10 years later.. :|

0 0

Ups, missed the 0 in 08, but still true. He might be at university now. thumbs up