Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Be untraceable

0 0

Hi,

I just downloaded Backtrack and installed on my usb drive… it's working great!

I've heard that hacking from a live OS (… slackware?) can be harder to trace. Why?

Is using a proxy (or TOR) enough to feel secure about being traced? I know it all depends on which computer I wanna get into but I was just wondering… in general, is it enough?

Thx!

0 0

jokeiz wrote: I've heard that hacking from a live OS (… slackware?) can be harder to trace. Why?

No static proof (on your machine) left after you reboot out of the live OS, unless you were storing anything on the HDDs or USB drive. Still static proof in logs on your target and your ISP, which is why…

Is using a proxy (or TOR) enough to feel secure about being traced? I know it all depends on which computer I wanna get into but I was just wondering… in general, is it enough?

A proxy… no. Multiple proxies… yes. Rotating proxies between attempts… much better. You can't truly 100% prevent yourself from getting caught, but you can do everything in your power to make it significantly harder.

0 0

ok, is onion routing (TOR) better than … "regular" proxies? or are they both good?

Sorry if my questions may look a bit stupid to some of you… but I didn't find very useful infos on google… =/

0 0

jokeiz wrote: ok, is onion routing (TOR) better than … "regular" proxies? or are they both good?

Sorry if my questions may look a bit stupid to some of you… but I didn't find very useful infos on google… =/

For TOR, you can find plenty of information on their website… they take the time to explain more in depth what it actually does. For the diligent that can keep a reasonably reliable list of separate proxies and rotate them out on their own, TOR offers no great difference.

When Googling, type exactly what you're wondering in and you'll most likely get some good results. For instance, Google: "what does tor do"

0 0

Thanks a lot for your answers, it really helped me out.

And, yeah, I know for the google part… I already know a bit of what TOR does… but I didn't find anytyhing on google to prove which one is the best (TOR or normal proxies!) But you did answer me so I'm good now :)… Thanks for taking some of your time to give me answers! (And sorry for the typos, english isn't my first language)

Joker

0 0

Good. The Google part was only because you sounded like you didn't know. Anyways, good luck learning later on.

0 0

a couple proxies and a live cd isn't really the ultimate scenario, but it helps. When I was doing my school project on privacy, I didn't use my home connection for anything other than emailing a couple close friends (that went on for a few months). My main goal for project wasn't having any personal data connected to me, not necessarily obscuring all potentially revealing data. If you're interested in some resources, email me and I'll give you some of the better links I found. mojohoboyo2@yahoo.com

There is a lot of "fun math" if you are interested in programming too =)

In my opinion, how much privacy you have really depends on who you are trying to hide your info from. gov, corporate, individual… They all have different resources, laws/standards, and intentions.

0 0

use a pub's wifi =]

Banned
0 0

mambo wrote: use a pub's wifi =]

Pub means public. Not the place where you get drunk.

0 0

hahaha =D yeah, I figured it out lol

Thanks a lot for the help guys ^^ I'll read the page for encrypting :)

Glad people are taking some time to help me out!:happy:

0 0

Either one will do, a pub's wifi is good as well :D