Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Bypass Router Password Prompt..

0 0

I have lost my username and password to my home router.I have search in the internet and the only way to do it is to do a hard reset on the router.But,i do not want to do a hard reset because there are important setting in the router.Does anybody know how to bypass the password prompt?Please help…Thanks a lot…

0 0

moshbat wrote: If we did, we wouldn't be able to tell you. Something important that you're missing.

Sorry Moshbat,i am totally new here.Can i know what do u mean by "something important that you're missing"??Thanks..

0 1

get a local server setup, (XAMP / easyPHP / etc) and quickly code a php brute forcer.

obvioulsy that willl only work if you can vaguely remember your username and the password was a word.

0 0

Mr_Cheese wrote: get a local server setup, (XAMP / easyPHP / etc) and quickly code a php brute forcer.

obvioulsy that willl only work if you can vaguely remember your username and the password was a word.

Thanks Mr Cheese,if i totally forget the username and password?That mean i really need to do a hard reset?

0 0

Don't some routers have a telnet server with a (possibly) different username/password than the standard control panel login? Just a thought.

0 0

Yeah, it's pretty simple: either you crack your forgotten password, or you do a hard reset and redo the settings on your router. Good idea about checking for the possible Telnet server, mg.

0 0

moshbat wrote: [quote]ohytheng wrote: [quote]Mr_Cheese wrote: get a local server setup, (XAMP / easyPHP / etc) and quickly code a php brute forcer.

Thanks Mr Cheese,if i totally forget the username and password?That mean i really need to do a hard reset?[/quote]

Unless you are willing to wait for HOURS for a bruteforcer to strike lucky…[/quote]

You could take the same bruteforcer, give it a different range to scan, and use it 20 times with 20 ranges, then you will crack it 20 times faster (theoretically).

0 0

moshbat wrote: Yes, but in theory, the world could end next week. Ahh, crap… No, he didn't just say that, all you fanatical Sun readers. Ugh.

… And, yes, THC-Hydra can thread its brute force attempts. It also can attack HTTP basic auth, IIRC.

0 0

moshbat wrote: That was merely pointing out that theories are often wrong.

Yeah, I know. I just had flashbacks to that thread with 40+ useless posts about the Sun story.

Anyways, if it was my router and… well, if I decided it was worth cracking my pass instead of just doing a hard reset, I'd just disconnect the outside line of the router (habit) and start a brute before I go to bed. I had to do something similar for a router that I inherited at my last job.

0 0

I agree that the sun thread is pointless-ish. Because the world isn't going to end. But thanks for your concern. Like they said hard reset, pain in the ass but w/e, moves things on. cracking could take "hours". Pending on how many passwords you load into a dictionary file or how many characters you add into your bruteforcer. In my opinion, I suggest you do a hard reset and then go through the configuration all over again and make sure it is how you want it. As for blacklists and such… Too bad.