Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

What's the kind of password ?

0 0

How can we know kind of the password ? For example , MD5 hash or MD4 hash or MySQL password or … I have this password : BTIFN1Q1V2gANQB2W2FZMg== . But I don't know exactly what is the kind of this password

0 0

If it was a challenge, it wouldn't be posted in this forum.

0 0

Its the number of characters that counts. Try sticking it in every type of password in Cain and Abel, see which one works ;)

0 0

easy, it appears to be some form of Base 64 encoding. the '==' is a dead give away ;)

0 0

It's not challenge ! It's the password that I hacked , but I don't know what the kind of it . And I also want to know : how can we know what kind of the the specific password ?

easy, it appears to be some form of Base 64 encoding. the '==' is a dead give away Can you show me more clear ? How can I crack it ?

0 0

i tryed to decode that with base 64 …. is not working

0 0

Ok , thanks . Found something useful :p But how can I know it's Base 64 ?

0 0

Grindordie: Thats not encryption, thats encoding. the only true form of encryption is the stuff that you find in /etc/shadow. all that other stuff (including file "encrypted with digest functions, (a)symmetric ciphers etc) is just encoding. Why? because you can reverse it if you have the keys (sorry to correct you like that, but stuff liek that just bugs me :P )

okay, back to Base 64. You can tell that its Base 64 because it has the '==' on the end. thats a dead giveaway. http://www.snarkles.net has a Base 64 encoder/decoder. Now, this my be an MD5 or SHA-1 Binary digest ecoded with Base64 (thats somewhat common). So, if all you get is garbage when you try and decrypt it, thats why.

0 0

Basic PHP decryption: <?= base64_decode('BTIFN1Q1V2gANQB2W2FZMg=='); ?>

Which returned: 27T5Wh

And since each of the values arn't visible, this is what they map out to: 5, 50, 5, 55, 84, 53, 87, 104, 0, 53, 0, 118, 91, 97, 89, 50

press Alt+number for each of the above to view the string

Just out of curiosity, what site did you get this from?

0 0

Thanks n3w7yp3 so much . Like jake said , I also used online decode Base 64 and also had his result . So I think it's encode for the password . So now what can I do with the result : 27T5Wh If we don't know what its encode for , we can't crack it ???

0 0

Well, I'd be of more help if i knew where you got this encoded string. PM me if you don't want to publically announce it. I personally think that its a Base64 encoded MD5 hash (binary) or the like…

0 0

Ok , let see : I found this encrypted password : AmQEY1djBjsAbVI2WTY= . And its password is : 5b15da4 ( :p I just change victim's email and go to forgot password :p )

0 0

Sorry buddy, but usually when somebody clicks "forgot password", it creates a NEW password