Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Need practice

Retired
10 0

I have been messing around with rooting for awhile and am looking to put some to use, so im asking for an ip to LOOK at and EXPLOIT, I don't want any box that is not yours. Basically I want to practice "Legally" so i need an ip that is your, along with your permission

0 0

aren't there games to do this? rootthisbox or something like that?

0 0

But I guess nothing beats the real thing.

0 0

Those are also the real things… they are box's set up at someones house with different difficulty levels.

Retired
10 0

root this box is down

0 0

But, what's more fun that attacking a box that doesn't have a vulnerability purposely put into it?

You can practice on my server. My dyndns is jonnycake.kicks-ass.net . That resolves to my computer. If you want a list of services that I have so that you can think of how you want to attack:

port 22 - SSH - OpenSSH 4.3p2 Debian 9etch2 (protocol 2.0) port 80 - HTTP - Apache/2.2.3

0 0

http://seattle.craigslist.org/

maybe try spending the $20 it takes to buy a PoS computer, and configure and set up your own network?

It's always suprising what you can get decent computer for.

0 0

No need to buy extra hardware thats junk and let it just sit there for you to exploit a few times. Use vmware and just get an image to set up a network… its free.

0 0

I run a network with a P2 box running XP, a crappy old laptop running solaris, my old games rig (Athlon 64) running Suse, My main PC running vista and Mandriva and my main laptop that runs vista and Slax the whole set up to buy now would be about £1000 most of that would be my main rig the rest costs about £200 get some old shitty boxes and set up a hacker lab using free operating systems look on Ebay and you can get P2 and P3 systems for between £10 and £50

setting a web server up is a piece of piss ODBC links on XP are simple the only arse ache is the permissions so its safe enough to be a challenge